Still Losing Weight In Second Trimester
Is it normal to lose weight during the second trimester of pregnancy? That’s the question of the day and one we hope to answer for you! Pregnancy is a wonderful thing for parents. As a pregnant woman, you get to feel a precious life growing inside of you. You get to experience the joy of listening to your child’s heartbeat for the first time, of feeling the first movement, of finding out the sex of the baby, and more.
Of course, you’ve probably made lifestyle changes that will help keep your baby healthy throughout your pregnancy. You’re gaining weight, you’re eating healthier, and you’re keeping both baby and mommy safe and healthy. But what happens if you lose weight during the second trimester of pregnancy? We’re here to answer your questions about what’s considered healthy (and not healthy) during this trimester. Just remember, though: we’re not doctors. This is not meant to replace real medical advice.

Losing a pound or two in the middle of your second trimester can be normal, especially if you’re experiencing nausea still. If you were overweight before your pregnancy or gained a lot during your first trimester, you might also notice that you don’t gain a lot of weight during this time.
This Is How I Lost My Pregnancy Weight Without Counting Calories
If you continually lose weight each week of your second trimester, you need to be cautious. Generally, the second trimester is the weight gain trimester as your child grows each week. On average, you should gain about 1 pound per week of your second trimester, which means that continual weight loss could be a sign that something is wrong.
If you have any concerns about the well-being of your child or the progression of your pregnancy, our best advice is to talk to your OBGYN. As an experienced medical professional, your doctor will be able to give you the best advice based on your medical history and knowledge of your pregnancy. If your doctor is concerned, they might give you an ultrasound to check on the baby’s growth. If the baby is continuing to grow despite your weight loss, then most likely your body is simply making better use of your stored fat.
Although weight loss can be experienced during the second trimester, it is not the norm. Most women gain weight on a weekly basis during this trimester.Hi everyone! I’m sorry for keeping you waiting. Life has been hectic since COVID, pregnancy, and, now, a second kiddo! But, I wanted to make sure that I came back to update you all on how my second pregnancy and first couple of postpartum months have gone.
Second Trimester Of Pregnancy: Body Changes & What To Expect
When I last left you, I was 18 weeks pregnant with baby Michael, had gained about 9 pounds, and was still exercising 5 days a week. Here’s a comparison of how I looked at this point with Michael vs. with my first kiddo, Emma.
To be honest, early on, I felt like I looked pretty similar to how I had with Emma. However, as time went on, I definitely noticed I was bigger this time around than I had been the first time.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/underweight-while-pregnant-4589291_final2-cad7024e794947c4a6097b135c6d57e8.png?strip=all)
On the day I went into labor, I was something like 173 pounds, meaning I gained 33 pounds this pregnancy…almost exactly what I gained with Emma!
Losing Weight While Pregnant: Risks & Reasons
This pregnancy was different in so many ways, though. I exercised up until about 30 weeks, and then I did stop exercising (minus chasing my first kiddo around) when the pressure of the pandemic, parenting at home while working full-time, pregnancy, and the loss of my beloved cat finally caught up with me. Still, I ate intuitively this entire pregnancy — even when the weight gain and larger stomach scared me. To be honest, I’m 6.5 weeks postpartum, and besides walking a couple of miles most days, I haven’t started exercising “for real” again yet.
I ate freely and kind of a LOT this time around, whereas, last time, I tracked my calories religiously and only ate 2, 000 calories in my 3rd trimester (ha! 2, 000 calories would now be restrictive for me).

Last time, after I had Emma, I lost 10 pounds after she was born and maintained a weight of 147-150 for 6 months; this time, I quickly and, without effort, lost about 18 pounds. I currently weight about 155 pounds. Apparently, my body is pretty consistent, haha.
Is It Normal To Lose Weight During The 2nd Trimester Of Pregnancy? In Mar 2024
To be honest, right now, I have absolutely zero desire to diet or strenuously work out. Probably because most days, I end the day looking something like this:
Our 4-year-old daughter is having a tough time adjusting right now, so all of my energy is exhausted trying to be present for her while also taking care of the baby and house. (Did I mention our indoor-only cats somehow got fleas? Yeah. So, I clean the house kind of a lot right now.)

The good news is that, mental health wise, I am doing 1 million percent better this time around than I did last time. I will do a separate blog on that at a later time, I promise.
Body After (second) Baby: One Month Out
Until then, I’m living life in a size-bigger pants and still eating the cake. Because life’s too short to worry about being a little squishy!
This pregnancy was different in so many ways, though. I exercised up until about 30 weeks, and then I did stop exercising (minus chasing my first kiddo around) when the pressure of the pandemic, parenting at home while working full-time, pregnancy, and the loss of my beloved cat finally caught up with me. Still, I ate intuitively this entire pregnancy — even when the weight gain and larger stomach scared me. To be honest, I’m 6.5 weeks postpartum, and besides walking a couple of miles most days, I haven’t started exercising “for real” again yet.
I ate freely and kind of a LOT this time around, whereas, last time, I tracked my calories religiously and only ate 2, 000 calories in my 3rd trimester (ha! 2, 000 calories would now be restrictive for me).

Last time, after I had Emma, I lost 10 pounds after she was born and maintained a weight of 147-150 for 6 months; this time, I quickly and, without effort, lost about 18 pounds. I currently weight about 155 pounds. Apparently, my body is pretty consistent, haha.
Is It Normal To Lose Weight During The 2nd Trimester Of Pregnancy? In Mar 2024
To be honest, right now, I have absolutely zero desire to diet or strenuously work out. Probably because most days, I end the day looking something like this:
Our 4-year-old daughter is having a tough time adjusting right now, so all of my energy is exhausted trying to be present for her while also taking care of the baby and house. (Did I mention our indoor-only cats somehow got fleas? Yeah. So, I clean the house kind of a lot right now.)

The good news is that, mental health wise, I am doing 1 million percent better this time around than I did last time. I will do a separate blog on that at a later time, I promise.
Body After (second) Baby: One Month Out
Until then, I’m living life in a size-bigger pants and still eating the cake. Because life’s too short to worry about being a little squishy!
Posting Komentar untuk "Still Losing Weight In Second Trimester"