Losing Weight By Eating Two Meals A Day
Article Intermittent Fasting has become one of the most popular dieting and lifestyle trends in recent years and there are many different ways to follow it. So how is 2 Meal Day different and why should you be trying this method over any other approaches. All is explained here!
I truly believe that the 2 Meal Day is the simplest and most effective form of Intermittent Fasting. There are currently thousands of people all over the world who are achieving their goals of safe and sustained fat loss, muscle gain, leanness and overall weight loss. They are also experiencing a better quality of life and positive effects on their overall health – all thanks to following the 2 Meal Day.
Intermittent Fasting has been the most important discovery in my health and fitness journey. I stumbled across it completely by accident four years ago and I haven’t looked back since. It has had such a profound effect on my life that I set out on a mission to make it as accessible as possible for everyone else.
Should I Eat Two Meals A Day To Lose Weight?
Over the course of 5 years of research and self-experimentation, I learnt that for all the good intermittent fasting can do for people, there was a lot that was wrong with the methods I tried. Some of the main problems I found were that some were too restrictive – focusing on restricting certain food groups, calorie intake, or obsessing over time periods. Others were far too complicated to follow, and some focused on the entirely wrong aspects.
All of these came together to make me believe that there was not an Intermittent Fasting protocol out there that could be easily taken on by most people, so they could reap all the benefits for themselves… this resulted in my creation of 2 Meal Day – the simplest and most effective method of Intermittent Fasting.
You may already be familiar with some methods of Intermittent Fasting and not even realise it – The two most popular methods of Intermittent Fasting at the moment are the 5:2 and the 16:8. Here is a brief summary of each of these methods and the limitations I felt they had.
Simple 1,200 Calorie 7 Day Meal Plan
The 5:2 involves eating “normally” for five days of the week and on two days you only eat 500 or 600 calories. It has been incredibly popular and successful but for most people, the two calorie counting days are incredibly restrictive and challenging. People usually follow the 5:2 until they lose weight and then go back to eating normally after. On top of that, it isn’t technically fasting (depending on how you eat those 600 calories), which you may not get some of the health benefits.
The 16:8 protocol involves breaking your day up into a 16 hour fast with an 8 hour “eating window”. It can be followed every day since there is no calorie restriction. This is method is how I initially started my intermittent fasting journey.
The issue with both of these methods is the focus is on the wrong thing. By focusing on calories or time periods you never learn to listen to your body and understand what it needs and when it needs it.
Meals Vs 6 Meals A Day: How Often Should You Eat?
I truly believe that the modern world has taken us out of sync with our body’s natural rhythms and this causes us a lot of problems that span across nutrition, movement, mental and physical health and our sleep. The 2 Meal Day concept was simple – creating a plan that reconnects people with their body and teaches a lifestyle that can be followed long term.
The 2 Meal Day is very similar to the 16:8 method, where you fast for 16 hours and eat in an 8 hour “eating window”. There is one small but very significant difference… Rather than focusing on the clock and eating when the clock tells you to, you focus your attention on your body and perceived feelings of hunger.
For me, this is where the power of intermittent fasting lies, you begin to understand what hunger actually is – something that occurs every 16-24 hours, not every four hours!
The Omad Diet And Weighing My Food Helped Me Lose 195 Lbs'
By skipping one meal, you are getting a 16 hour fast, but the focus is on eating when you feel hungry, not because the clock tells you to.
This slight change in focus makes a MASSIVE difference. It becomes a way of life rather than something you do in the short term to get you to your weight loss goals.
The 2 Meal Day is for anyone looking to optimise their, health and fitness, boost energy levels, reduce hunger and improve their mind-body connection.
Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss: All You Need To Know About This 7 Day Diet
It’s an incredibly simple and effective weight loss tool, but it’s not just for weight loss. A recent study showed that many biomarkers of health improved on an intermittent fasting schedule even without weight loss!
I follow The 2 Meal Day every day because of how it makes me feel, I am full of energy I never feel hungry, and I stay lean effortlessly. I regularly eat out with friends, and I love food – there are no feelings of restriction or deprivation, or I wouldn’t do it.
The 2 Meal Day is becoming a way of life for so many people because of its simple, effective and sustainable. It teaches your body to transition from burning sugars and carbohydrates to body fat for energy – this is one of the most empowering things you can do for your long-term health and wellness.
Simple Meal Plan To Lose Weight
There is a growing body of evidence suggesting that our bodies are only primed to digest and utilise the food we eat at certain times of day The 2 Meal Day teaches you to eat when your body is ready for food.
The 2 Meal Day has proven to be a highly effective and most importantly, sustainable weight loss tool. There are two main contributors to its success.

Firstly, you teach your body to start using fat for fuel, which means that fat burning. Secondly, it makes eating in a calorie deficit EFFORTLESS.
Will I Lose Weight By Eating Only 2 Times A Day?
Thirdly, you can lose weight without having to weigh every single gram of food, or track every macronutrient. No one enjoys calorie counting!
It is a myth that if you skip a meal you end up over-consuming and making up for it later in the day. Although it may seem like you are eating more when you have two larger meals, on average you are eating a less than three meals and snacks.
This is where the power lies and why it becomes a sustainable way of life for thousands – you are eating a bit less every day, but it feels like you are eating more. What a game changer!
One Meal A Day: Health Benefits And Risks
There are also many hormonal changes that are happening in the body that affect hunger and satiety. Many people report feeling less hungry overall, and this has now been backed up by a recent study.
Let me explain why this is incorrect. It makes no sense for your body to use muscle for energy when it has an abundance of fat to tap into. Fasting has been shown to be incredibly effective at preserving muscle mass but decreasing body fat. When combined with resistance training it can actually increase muscle mass.

Protein is functional tissue and has many purposes other than energy storage, whereas fat is specialized for energy storage. How does the body retain lean tissue? Because of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). Fasting increases levels of HGH (3) which is known for its muscle retraining and building effects.
Lose Weight Eating Two Meals A Day: Tips For Meal Spacing
So, let me put it as simply as I can. Fat is, stored food for us to ‘eat’ when there is nothing to eat. We have evolved fat stores to be used in times when there is nothing to eat. It’s not there for any other purpose. When there is nothing to eat (fasting), we ‘eat’ our own fat. This is natural. This is normal. This is the way we were designed.
And it’s not just us, but all wild animals are designed the same way. A lioness doesn’t waste away its muscle while keeping all its fat stores… she’s got to be strong enough to hunt for her next meal!
During fasting, hormonal changes kick in to give us more energy (increased norepinephrine), keep glucose and energy stores high (burning fatty acids and ketone bodies), and retain our lean muscles and bones (growth hormone). This is normal and natural and there is nothing to be feared!
Healthy Meal Plan For Weight Loss
On a purely anecdotal note; I have put on 4kg of lean muscle mass in the last 6 months due to my Olympic Lifting training. I am lifting heavy weights 4/5 times per week, whilst following The 2 Meal Day every day. My hunger levels have increased since I started lifting (which is to be expected) so I am eating more in my eating window, but I am achieving all of this whilst following The 2 Meal Day and showing no negative side effects!
Having said that, the beauty of intermittent fasting is that it makes eating in a calorie deficit easier, and therefore eating in a surplus harder.

If you know that you find it hard to eat in a
Posting Komentar untuk "Losing Weight By Eating Two Meals A Day"