Lose Weight Fast Power Walking
If you’re looking to boost your burn during your walks to lose weight faster, it might be time to amp up your walks with power intervals.
Whether you’re just starting out, returning from a long hiatus or are a regular walker, this four-week plan combines steady-state and powered-up pace interval walks along with resistance and flexibility training to help maximize your results.

If weight loss is one of your goals, pairing a regular exercise plan (like this one) with calorie counting might be an effective strategy. While you can lose weight by reducing calories alone, research shows that combining dietary changes with exercise can speed up your results. As Trinh Le, MPH, RD recommends, pairing an 1, 800-calorie diet with 300 extra calories burned each day through exercise can be the better choice for weight loss.
What Should I Do: 30 Minutes Of Exercise Or 10,000 Steps A Day?
To help you put it all together, we’ve created this powered up, five-day-a-week plan designed to help you burn approximately 300 calories a day through exercise. (Please note: Calorie burn is a general estimate, this number will vary greatly by individual, body composition, effort level, etc. For a more accurate reading, a heart rate monitor or other tracking device may be helpful.) On the weekends, you can add a session and/or find ways to move more (such as gardening, cycling, rollerblading, playing with the kids, etc).
While this is a walking plan, we recommend including additional strength and flexibility sessions to boost the body shaping and weight-loss benefits of this plan and help prevent aches and pains.
With this plan, you’ll aim to burn an average of 300 calories per day, with a combination of walking, strength training and stretching. General recommendations are walking three days/week, strength training for 2–3 days/week and flexibility training two days/week (or more), but should be adjusted to meet your current fitness level and schedule. Do this cycle four times and notice how much stronger you get each week.
Walking Workouts For Lose Weight
Begin at an easy pace with a 5-minute walk to warm up your body, then use this 2-2-1 interval structure to power up your pace for 20–30 minutes.
Repeat the entire series of 5-minute intervals 4 times for a 30-minute walk and 6 times for a 40-minute walk (totals leave time for a 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown).
Adding bursts of intensity like this during your walk is a great way to burn more fat in less time, without having to add the impact of jogging or running. Wind down your walk with a cooldown of about 5 minutes at an easy pace to recover your breathing and heart rate (you may also want to end your walk with these simple, total body stretches).
Walking For Weight Loss: How Much To Walk To Lose Weight
Begin with an easy pace, 5-minute walk to warm up your body, then maintain a brisk, but steady, walking pace (intensity level 5–6) for 30–40 minutes. Cooldown for about 5 minutes, moving at an easy pace to recover your breathing and heart rate (you may also want to end your walk with simple, total-body stretches).

Stretching can be done after your walks if it’s convenient for you, or at another time of your choosing. Focus on stretching your entire body evenly, paying extra attention and spending more time with areas that may be tight or stiff (for more stretching tips click here).
Stretch, garden, take a leisurely bike ride or stroll around the neighborhood. The point is to take a day off of “exercise” but you can still stay in motion while you ‘rest’ your body!
Just Want To Give A Huge Shout Out To The Power Of Walking. More In Comments
Depending on your starting point, you’ll want to adapt the plan to meet your current fitness level and schedule. If you are just beginning to exercise, you may need to reduce your days per week and/or the length of your daily sessions. Each week, you can add 1 day of training or extend your session by 5 minutes to progressively increase your workload without overdoing it. Tailor it to meet your needs and preferences so it’s easy to stick with and that you can stay consistent with the plan because consistency is the key to getting (and maintaining) results!
Remember, while you might not burn as many calories during a strength-training session, by adding more muscle to your frame, you are adding more metabolically active tissue to your body (muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat). Don’t sweat it if you fall short of your 300-calorie goal on strength days — you are making important changes to your body with resistance training that will help change your body composition and shape over the long term.

Are you going to join us for this plan? Leave a comment below, and let us know. We’re here to support each other and be accountable. We’re in this together team!
Get The Most Of Your Walk
Jessica Smith As someone who struggled to lose weight for years, Jessica found that the key to her own 40-pound weight loss was making small, healthy lifestyle changes that led to big, lasting results. Now, as a certified wellcoach, fitness instructor and personal trainer, she has spent the last 15 years helping students and clients reach their goals in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami. She now reaches millions online through her YouTube Channel and home exercise DVD series. Please visit walkonwalkstrong.com to learn more about her fun, results-driven programs for all levels of exercisers.On Saturday, February 28, 1987, I ran my last marathon. It was the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, TX. I never ran again.
It all started and ended one beautiful sunny day in February 1987. I had spent the 2 weeks before the marathon nursing a painful and swollen knee that resulted from over-training. The sensible, clinical “me” knew I should skip this marathon, but my stubborn and vain side won out. I was convinced taking 2 Excedrin before the race would get me through it. Besides, it was the last local “qualifying” marathon before the Boston Marathon. If I didn’t get a good qualifying time, I wouldn’t be running in Boston in April with my friends. But like most 30-something athletes, I thought I was invincible. Instead, I showed up at the starting line at 7:00 AM and started the race at a 7 minute /mile clip (so stupid). Miles 1 – 5 were painful, but then the endorphins kicked in, and for the next several miles I felt great. By mile 17, I was really hurting. Every step felt like a knife stab through my knee. Finally, I hit the proverbial “wall” at mile 22 and went down; the pain was too great to bear. Embarrassingly, I had to be driven by cart back to the finish line where I was treated with Advil for the pain and swelling in my knees. Sadly I never ran again.
My knees, especially my left knee, never fully recovered. Subsequent knee arthroscopies showed severe bilateral chondromalacia (another name for runner’s knee and joint damage), significant joint-space narrowing, and almost complete bone-on-bone knee arthritis; the shock-absorbing cartilage was worn away. My sports medicine physician announced, “You’re running days are over, my Dear – unless you want bilateral total knee replacements before you reach age 40.” After 4 surgeries, a desperate attempt to save my left knee, I finally resorted to a left total knee replacement in 2008.

The Truth About Walking Workouts: 9 Myths And Facts
If you are a dedicated, die-hard runner like I was, you can imagine how devastated I was by the news. Running was my daily “fix!” What would I do without it? Running got me through my long hard days and all the activities involved with being a wife, mother, student and career professional. I was seriously depressed until one of my professors at UTA introduced me to an awkward-looking sport called Power Walking (PW). Power walking is a more seriously intense form of walking that requires controlled and timed bodily movements. It took me awhile to embrace the sport with the same passion and enthusiasm as running, but after I mastered the walk, I never looked back. To my surprise, the health benefits were not only greater than running, they were more noticeable and profound, and virtually zero injuries. I started power walking in 1987 and haven’t stopped.
Power walking is a completely different style than plain walking or running and, in the beginning, I think it’s much harder. But like any new activity, it becomes 2nd nature with practice. If done correctly, you will effectively and efficiently work every part of your body, especially your stomach – without the joint damage often associated with high impact sports, such as running. You will, however, achieve the benefits of a more kinder and gentler sport that naturally increases bone density without the pounding impact. When I first started the sport, I lost ≥ 5 pounds in 3 months without changing my diet. More surprisingly, I lost my baby belly, something years and miles of running never accomplished. My arms took on new definition and shape, and with practice, I achieved the “high” I once experienced from my daily runs.
Walking a good distance for a sustained period of time is one of the best forms of exercise to improve overall health. The claims made for power walking
Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight Fast Power Walking"