How To Lose Weight For Extremely Obese
After a traumatic health scare, Oyinkansola Oladitan, 30, an entrepreneur from London, shed half her body weight – and found inner strength she didn’t know she had.
For as long as I can remember, I was obsessed with food. While I was a chubby kid, my parents tried to keep me active with tennis and swimming – I was just never into it. At age 13, I left Lagos, Nigeria, without my parents to go to boarding school in Kent, and things went from bad to worse.

I’d eat a full meal in the dining hall and then make my own microwave noodles and load them up with hot sauce every single day. I was self-conscious about my size, so I avoided sport at all costs.
Bmi Concept. Body Shapes From Underweight To Extremely Obese Stock Vector
I started school a size 14 – five years later, I was at least a size 22. On top of that, I’d battled with a stomach ulcer since I was eight years old.
Countless doctors had told me the same thing: I needed to lose weight, cut out spicy and acidic foods and take probiotics and medication to reduce my stomach acid. I’d usually do it until I felt better, and then give up. The stomach pain would return, but I didn’t care – after a binge, I’d go to bed and sleep through the worst of it, then start all over again.
I'd tried to lose weight so many times. My parents, still based in Lagos, did everything they could to help – they paid for nutritionists, trainers, and even hypnotherapy. But I’d eat in secret and lie about how much I was eating.
Exercises For Obese People: Easy And Effective Workouts
This continued when I went to university in London to study maths. In August 2013, when I was 23, after four days of excruciating stomach pain, I was rushed to hospital, where doctors diagnosed gastroenteritis.
Shortly after, I had surgery to repair my oesophagus and stomach lining, which had started to disintegrate due to years of acid build-up caused by my diet. When I Ieft hospital two weeks later, I weighed 211/2st. Years of abusing my body had nearly killed me – and I didn’t want to die.
With the help of a therapist, I became less dependent on food. I was referred to a nutritionist, who taught me about portion control and what foods I should be eating.
Should Obese People Be Encouraged To Lose Weight Or Love Themselves?
I began going for short walks locally. In November 2013, I joined the gym and hired a PT. That first session was tough, but I leaned into that feeling – I was doing the work and it felt good.
I did 45-minute HIIT-style sessions four times a week and made sure I still got 10, 000 steps in, too. I lost 5st in the first six months, and by early 2016, I weighed 10st 12lb – half my original body weight.
Exercise and a balanced diet helped me manage my stomach issues. I take vitamins and probiotics, but no medication. I haven’t had any ulcer-related issues since having surgery and I no longer have stomach pain.
Odds Ratios Of Weight Loss Attempts Among Overweight And Obese*...
When gyms closed in March 2020, I signed on to Ciara Madden’s live HIIT and strength classes. Her daily workouts were a lifeline during lockdown, and I’ve stuck with them since. I work out four to six days a week now – I love the variety of sessions. I can’t believe how much I’ve changed since having surgery.
When you do something like lose half your body weight, any goal – whether it’s fitness or career-related – feels achievable. Nothing seems impossible any more.
Cut through the noise and get practical, expert advice, home workouts, easy nutrition and more direct to your inbox. Sign up to the WOMEN'S HEALTH NEWSLETTER
How Much Weight Loss Is Normal For An Obese Person?
'I lost 4kg by consistent weight training' ‘I Lost 3.2 Stone with Kelsey Wells' PWR Plan’ Finding Fitness Totally Changed My Mental Health ‘HIIT Workouts Helped Me Lose Over 7 Stone’
‘How I Lost 8 Stone in 18 Months’ Healthy Comfort Food & HIIT Helped Me Lose 7st 'I Lost Over 6st with Strength Training' ‘Working Out 5 Days a Week Helped Me Lose 6 St’
'I Lost 8 Stone With These Small Changes' 'Portion Control Helped Me Lose 6 Stone' 'Walking 30 Min a Day Helped Me Lose 7.5 Stone' ‘I Lost 4.5 Stone When I Ditched Processed Foods’Vikki ditched greasy takeaways for chicken and rice and soon became addicted to exercise instead of food. Now her diet consists of fresh fruit, Weetabix, lean chicken and more healthier foods.

How Long Does It Take To Lose Weight
Vikki Mills, who transformed her life through a passion for weight training, is now a fitness fan and has even climbed Ben Nevis (Image: Vikki Mills / SWNS)
A morbidly obese woman found a passion for weight training and lost 10 stone in the process. Vikki Mills, 28, tipped the scales at 28 stone and struggled to squeeze into a size 32 when she decided to lose weight in January 2021.
After an 'inspirational' course of counselling, Vikki joined to a Facebook group called 'Prime Life Project' for help with nutrition, meal plans, weight training and helpful mindfulness techniques. Vikki applied herself and soon found the weight dropping off after she became addicted to exercise rather than food.
From Morbidly Obese To Fit And Strong: 'how I Lost 10 Stone'
Vikki overhauled her diet, ditching greasy takeaways for chicken and rice. She went on to lose a staggering 10 stone in just 20 months.
Vikki Mills weighed 28 stone and struggled to squeeze into a size 32; now she is a size 18 and can wear a dress 'without feeling extremely insecure' (Image: Vikki Mills / SWNS)
She now weighs 18 stone and slips into a slender size 18 with ease. Vikki has since climbed mountains, joined women's strength competitions and even managed to pull a 40-tonne truck over 10 metres.
Obese Death Risk Even When Losing Weight
Vikki, a mental health support worker, from Sincil Bank, Lincoln, said: I never intended to lose weight. I just wanted to better myself and my mind.
I don't think people realised how much I couldn't do as a 'big girl'. 'I can do so much more now including shopping in town, a luxury I'm so grateful for.

When I joined the project, they started a challenge to complete 7, 500 steps daily without a gym during lockdown. I actually quite enjoyed the exercise.
Week Beginner Walking Program For People With Overweight And Obesity
The biggest problem was the food. I had to completely stop drinking and eating takeaways, instead living off chicken, rice and Weetabix.
Vikki started her journey with the only intention of finding a way to help her mental health improve when she came across the group on Facebook in January 2021. She was introduced to a coach who would send Vikki daily challenges to complete every week.
Vikki would need to walk 7, 500 steps, stick to a strict meal plan and write a diary entry each morning to go through her thoughts. She explained: The Facebook group was filled with similar women looking for guidance in nutrition, exercise and advice.
Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 14st Naturally In Just 10 Months
By July 2021, Vikki had lost seven stone but unlocked a lot of ''deep-rooted trauma'' which set her back for a few weeks. She said: I fell into a couple of bad habits including drinking again, eating more takeaways and ignoring my daily challenges.
I started to look in the mirror and see a different person. I needed time to adjust at the new woman starting in front of me.
With more counselling, Vikki got back into the swing of weight training. She joined Kin3tic gym in Lincoln and got back on track with her daily meal plans.
How To Lose Weight When You Are Morbidly Obese
Her weight training began to rapidly improve with her bench press personal best going up to 70kg and her leg press reaching 400kg. In May 2022 she started with a new coach, Alice Abbot, 27, under Team Syrius and she's loving every minute of it.

In August 2021, Vikki attempted something she never thought she would ever do. She climbed Ben Nevis in Scotland, in four hours and 10 minutes.
Vikki said: I just kept going, one step at a time, and gradually I got there. Looking out over Scotland was just amazing, it's something that will stick with me forever.
Should Parents Lose Custody Of Super Obese Kids?
Vikki also attended her first Push/Pull event in Lincoln on 30 July. The Truck Push/Pull event is held every year in Lincolnshire and gathers the strongest of men and women to compete in a series of objects they need to push and pull.
After getting second place in the women's competition - just behind Wales' third strongest woman Nikki Walters, 34 - she decided to attempt the 40-tonne truck pull. Vikki, who was the only woman at the event to attempt the truck pull, managed to move it 10 metres in just one minute.
Vikki said: I never for one minute thought I could pull that truck, but I wanted to give it a go. I've been so overwhelmed with the support I've received, and I'm determined to attend more events, it was so much fun.
Bmi Concept. Body Shapes From Underweight To Extremely Obese. Weight Loss. Silhouettes With Different Obesity Degrees And Rating Scale. Human Icons Sh Stock Vector Image & Art
Vikki has even been clothes shopping for the first time in her life. She said: ''I suddenly looked in the mirror and realised I'm a size 18.
Vikki is enjoying fitting into a size 18 dress and thrilled with her weight loss that saw her shed 10 stone (Image: Vikki Mills / SWNS)
I don't think I've
Posting Komentar untuk "How To Lose Weight For Extremely Obese"