Does P90x Make You Lose Weight
When it comes to my health and weight, I used to call myself “the king of the yo-yo.” In high school I was in pretty good shape until I tore up my knees playing football; I got heavy after that. I use P90X to get down to a good weight—then a few years of college life had me back to being heavier. P90X helped me out again, until I got my first full-time job out of school, got married, had a kid. Fast forward three years and I had once again ended up at the heaviest I’ve ever been: 194 pounds. I felt depressed and was disgusted with how I looked.
One January, I went in for my yearly physical, including a blood workup. All of my numbers were either bad or on the verge of getting bad. I remember just staring at them and thinking to myself “How did I let this happen?” Even then, it took me a few months of cold starts, good and bad diet days, and sparse workouts, before I really committed to change. Finally I decided if I’m going to do this, I’m going to go all out: I didn’t want to just lose the excess weight, but really see how fit I could get.

Since P90X had worked for me in the past, I went back to it. With a job, a wife, and a kid, I wasn’t very keen on waking up at 4:30 AM to work out. Instead, I tried P90X3, banging out a 30-minutes high-intensity workout every night when I got home from work. After a month I upped it to two workouts a day, before and after work.
Does P90x Really Bring It?
Before I reined in my diet, I was eating probably 3000 calories a day. Along with my workouts, I picked a macro ratio (1650 calories, 40 percent protein, 25 percent fat, and 25 percent carbs) and started using MyFitnessPal and a food scale to track it.
When I felt like I’d plateaued, around 155 pounds, I reached out to Jason Helmes with AnyMan Fitness, he completely changed my diet regimen and exercise routine. So far it’s yielded amazing results.
In 11 months I lost 52 pounds, putting me at 142 pounds on a 5’7” frame. I feel like a completely different person: A better husband, better father, better friend. I’m more confident and energetic, and I look forward to working out. The exercise and diet-related changes I’ve made in my life have become habits—that’s probably the most beneficial part of this whole process. I can confidently say I will never go back to the way I was. I’ve since become a personal trainer.
P90x Review: Do The Workouts Still Get Results In 2024?
The road wasn’t always easy. I had a rough start, but watching that weight slowly go down on the scale was enough for me to keep going. My 3-year-old would also get out a little 5 pound weight and roll out a yoga mat and “exercise” with me in the afternoons. I loved that. It made me realize how important it is for me to be a good role model for him.
Making a Commitment to Himself Changed Everything Barre Workouts Helped This Veteran Manage PTSD This Guy Got Shredded by Trusting a New Process This Guy Got Lean and Ripped in 15 Weeks
How This Guy Lost 110 Pounds Slow & Steady This Guy Lost 80+ Pounds By Doing Yoga I Danced Off More Than 50 Pounds This Guy Lost Nearly Half His Weight in 30 Months
Science Based P90x Workout Review: The Alarming Truth
This Guy Lost Nearly 140 Lbs. With Indoor Cycling Paul Walter Hauser Gets Real About Fitness Journey How This Guy Went All-In and Got Cut in 12 Weeks Indoor Cycling Helped this Guy Lose 200 PoundsFacebook Icon The letter F. Facebook Email icon An envelope. It indicates the ability to send an email. Email Twitter icon A stylized bird with an open mouth, tweeting. Twitter LinkedIn icon LinkedIn Link icon An image of a chain link. It symobilizes a website link url. Copy Link
Angle down icon An icon in the shape of an angle pointing down. Day 1 of P90X on the left, Day 90 on the right. Business Insider / Matt Johnston
For as long as I can remember, I've been straddling the depressing line between overweight and obese. It's been the greatest challenge of my life in some ways.

P90x.. Been Doing It For 8 Months Now, Didn't Lose Much Weight, But Definitely More Toned.
I finally conquered that challenge, or came close to it, with a very popular program called P90X. Even though there's still plenty more work to do, I finally feel like I'm no longer on the verge of obesity.
Five days ago, I became a graduate of the program as we apparently call ourselves after the 90 days. When I started I weighed 208 pounds, had no abdominal muscles to speak of, and very little defined muscle.
Now I weigh 180 pounds, have a ton of defined upper body muscle, and a strong sheet of abdominal muscles beneath the remaining inch or so of body fat I still need to burn away.
Keith's Killer P90x Results!
Workout programs like P90X that begin with infomercials and turn popular sometimes get a bad rap for supposedly being money-grubbing scams. I can't speak for other programs out there or other people, but this one was incredibly effective for me. It's led by a compassionate, motivating, and well-known personal trainer named Tony Horton . The effectiveness of P90X hasn't been studie d in any published research that we could find, and results will of course vary among individuals. And it's notable that both high-intensity exercise and rapid weight loss carry some risks.
Exercise is the focus of the program, but you'll never get results without doing the P90x nutrition program, too. The diet has multiple phases you can choose to follow at any time based on your personal needs. Most people start with Phase 1, which is very low in carbohydrates. Then, they move onto the other phases.
![]()
The phases all have the same calorie count (based on your current body) but different distributions of food types. In Phase 1 you concentrate on fat burning, so it offers the least carbohydrates. When you feel ready, you can move onto other phases to give you the energy to move through your workouts at a high level.
What You Need To Know About P90x, Insanity, Weight Watchers, Shakeology, Cleanses, And Nutrisystem
I stayed in Phase 1 the whole time because I had so much fat to burn, which is an option that clearly works but isn't for everybody. There's variety and flexibility here. Makingwhole foods a larger component of your meals is healthy for anyone, but consult a doctor or licensed dietitian before making drastic changes to your diet.
You get a DVD for each workout led by Tony Horton himself. The w orkouts are six days a week in three different phases, and every day you do something different.
As Horton says over and over, the P90X program is all about muscle confusion. Here's what the makers of the program say about this principle:
P90x Success Story
P90X uses targeted training phases so your body keeps adapting and growing. You'll never 'plateau' — which means your body will never get used to the routines, making improvements slow down or even stop.

I would not recommend this to everyone.If you're looking for a short workout to squeeze into your daily routine, this isn't it.P90X workouts are long and hard.You're looking at a commitment of about an hour-and-a-half every day to get in the best shape of your life.You're also going to be really sore the first couple weeks.
There's also a lot of repetition. You're doing the same workout DVDs over and over, listening to Tony tell the same jokes over and over. I enjoyed that familiarity, but you might not.
Which Is Better: P90x Or P90x3? (& When To Do P90x2)
It's also potentially quite expensive. Low-carb diets like this one that stress whole foods rather than processed goods can get pricey at times. You also probably want to get yourself some dumbbells and resistance bands, along with a yoga mat. Combine that with $120 you pay for the program itself, and the price soars a bit. However, those of us who need to lose that weight are usually willing to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time exercising in exchange for a guaranteed result.
Before doing P90X, I went to the gym every day for six years, rocked that elliptical, and sprinkled in some dieting. I never found success like the success I've found with this program. Head to toe I'm as physically fit as I've ever been in my life. My core is strong so I'm less likely to get hurt out in the world, I have less risk of obesity-related diseases, and I look a lot better in a tank top.
The question for me now, of course, is what's next? I'm definitely changing up my diet and eating more carbs to spoil myself just a bit for my hard work. But I'm already making plans to do P90X again. It becomes a lifestyle, and when something works that well, it's hard to resist.

P90x Full Review
I'll be doing some things differently when I start the program again in three weeks. First, I'm going to do P90X3. The latest version of the program touts 30-minute workouts, which are
Posting Komentar untuk "Does P90x Make You Lose Weight"