Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Losing Weight On Keto With Pcos

Losing Weight On Keto With Pcos

My name is Victoria Brady (@vickinosecrets), and I am 33. I’m located in Atlanta, Georgia, where I work as a marketing consultant and web designer, as well as an ACE-certified personal trainer. I have PCOS, so I started eating a low-carb, high-protein diet and walking and doing YouTube workouts to lose weight and manage PCOS symptoms.

I struggled with my weight my entire life. (I was actually born 10 pounds, 11 ounces, so I like to say I got a head start!). Coming from a family that loves to cook and eat, I wasn’t taught the importance of eating healthy, practicing portion control, or being active. As a result, by the time I graduated high school, I weighed 250 pounds.

Weight

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and had issues with insulin resistance while I was in college. Since there is no cure for the hormone disorder, doctors always stated that I needed to lose weight (along with maintaining a healthy diet) in order to manage the symptoms of the condition. I would try all kinds of crash diets over the years, but nothing ever stuck until after I had my sons.

Evidence Based Hacks For Pcos Weight Loss

My habits wouldn't stick due to lack of time working a full-time job and being a mom to two boys under the age of 2. And for the first six months of the year, I treated every week as a new week to start over. At 29, my weight had hit 275 pounds.

It was not until June of that year that it hit me that I really needed to make a permanent change. I knew I had to change if I wanted my boys to pick up healthier habits. I did not want them to endure the issues I did growing up medically overweight.

Since I have insulin resistance, I decided to follow a low-carb, high-protein diet. I cut out white carbs (sugar, bread, pasta, rice), fried foods, alcohol, beef, and pork from my diet. I also started to consume a gallon of water every day.

Can Low Carb And Keto Help Reverse Pcos? — Diet Doctor

As I became more comfortable with physical activity, I started going to the gym and following workout videos on YouTube. I began attending group fitness classes and even worked with a trainer for a month to learn about strength training and building muscle while I lost the weight. (It was important to me that I did not have a lot of loose skin after the weight loss).

As I continued on my journey, I fell in love with fitness and knew I wanted to help others achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals. In 2019 I became a certified personal trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). Currently, I provide online personal training and coaching, as well as host live workout sessions, and I exercise five to six days a week.

I want other women to know that you should never compare where you are in your journey to where someone else is in theirs. I had to learn that what worked for one person may or may not work for someone else, and that is okay. The most important part of being successful in this journey for me was finding a regimen that was sustainable for my lifestyle.

Weight Loss With Pcos 101: What Is Keto? |

This journey has given me so much more than a new body—it has given me confidence to go after opportunities I would have once avoided or never thought I could do because of my weight. Nothing is impossible unless I make it impossible. And while there will be days I'm discouraged, I am not defeated until I stop trying.

Can Oatmeal Really Help With Weight Loss? 40 Delicious Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss Ricki Lakes Opens Up About 30-Pound Weight Loss The Military Diet Plan, Explained By Nutritionists

Melissa McCarthy's Health Journey, In Her Words 61 Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss 'I Lost Weight With Medication—And Kept It Off' 14 Best Meal Delivery Services of 2024, Tested

I

How Can Keto Diet Help Cure Pcos By Mama Keto

Can The Alpilean Ice Diet Help You Lose Weight? Whitney Way Thore's Weight Loss Journey Presented by Fast Bar What Is The Best Intermittent Fasting Schedule? Here's How The Pioneer Woman Lost Almost 60 PoundsMy name is Susanna Grosso (@zerosugar_gal), and I am 39 years old. I am from Columbus, Ohio, and I work as a recruiter. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome in my teens and dealt with weight gain. In 2018, I tried keto and intermittent fasting and lost 200 pounds in less than two years.

I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 14, and I was told that I would always struggle with my weight. On top of difficulty conceiving, I was also a candidate for cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure. In order to get my periods every month, I had to take birth control pills for the rest of my life. All of these things were not something you want to hear at such a young age.

So I tried a bunch of different diets to manage my weight, but none of them worked. I pretty much gave up, and the years just went by as the scale number climbed higher and higher. At my heaviest, I weighed 479 pounds. I was prediabetic, and at one point, my knees started to give out on me.

Amazing Habits For Losing Weight With Pcos

I had the time of my life and I really wanted to keep traveling. However, the extra weight was a big issue. I said enough is enough. As fall came, I was looking into different workout plans and diets.

I kept hearing about the ketogenic diet from friends and family. One day a friend of mine reached out to me about starting keto and explained that it was all about nutrition and eating and

I

Involve a specific exercise regimen. Those were magic words to me, because my weight was in the 400s, and my knees were not doing well. So, a weight-loss approach that didn't involve physical activity was a plus for me in the beginning.

Keto And Pcos: How A Ketogenic Diet Treats Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

I started doing my own research and decided to start my keto journey in November 2018. I also started doing intermittent fasting about two months into my new keto lifestyle. I started with a pretty standard eating window of 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and then worked my way up to a 20:4 intermittent fasting schedule, where I would fast for 20 hours and eat in a four-hour window. Intermittent fasting was very helpful because it taught me to be disciplined and not overeat, or ignore my hunger cues.

I started walking the dog three times a week, and then I started walking in the park. Eventually I purchased a treadmill.

Now I work out four to five times a week for 45 minutes, doing swimming and Zumba two times a week. You have to find forms of physical activity you enjoy, or else it's going to be miserable! I love swimming and dancing, so it was the perfect combo.

How To Lose Weight With Pcos: 15 Science Based Strategies

Back in April I got sick with COVID-19, and it threw me off my routine. It was a strange experience. I was craving fruits more than anything—pineapples, oranges, papaya, and mangos—and I gained back 20-plus pounds within four weeks or so. But I really did

Keto

One thing I always say is, Health is wealth. I am investing in my body, and no one else is going to do it for me. Dedication and consistency have led me to success. Do not wait on a certain day or month to start. Just do it!

I never thought that in my late 30s I would be able to do so many things I physically couldn't in my younger years. I am a living proof that you can overcome and get your health and body back.

Keto Diet: Benefits And Nutrients

'I Lost 50 Lbs. With Walk At Home And MIRROR' This Mom Lost 95 Lbs. With WW And Walking This Mom Lost 95 Lbs. With Keto And IF This Mom Lost 75 Lbs. With The 80/20 Rule

'I Lost 135 Pounds By Counting Macros' How 8 Women Crushed Their Resolutions In 2022 'What Finally Made Weight Loss Click For Me' The 30-Day Fitness Challenge You Need To Try

‘I Lost 190 Lbs. By Eating Healthy And Running’ This Mom Lost 90 Lbs. By Counting Calories ‘I Lost 90 Pounds With Portion Control, Lifting’ 'I Lost 100 Lbs. With WW And Jazzercise'My name is Hannah Curlee Young (@bl11hannah), and I'm 42 years old. I live in Nashville, Tennessee, and I'm a women's wellness coach and motivational speaker. After a back injury, I gained weight rapidly. I went on The Biggest Loser and started eating a low-carb, low-sugar PCOS diet and walking for weight loss, as well as incorporated strength training and HIIT, to reach a healthy weight for me.

Intermittent

I Lost 130 Lbs. With Pcos By Eating A Low Carb, High Protein Diet And Walking Every Day'

I grew up as a very active child and teenager. I played sports year round and never struggled with weight issues. But at the age of 19, I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs and broke my back. This accident dramatically changed my life.

I went from being extremely active (I even played sports at the collegiate level), to being in bed for months. I lost my identity. I

Posting Komentar untuk "Losing Weight On Keto With Pcos"