How To Lose Weight Singapore Blog
Losing weight in Singapore can be REALLY challenging. We all love our Singapore hawker food like hokkien mee, chicken rice, mee goreng and prata (with plenty of curry of course).
So how do you lose weight and body fat effectively without starving yourself of your favorite food or running endlessly on the threadmill?

Just in case you’re new here, my name is Benson Poh, I am a professional personal trainer for 12 years, and just like you – love my Singapore hawker food and have worked with countless others like you, to successfully lose weight, get fitter and healthier.
What To Eat To Lose Weight
For brevity’s sake, I will not go into the numerical details. If you want to know the numbers, drop me an email at Benson@.
It doesn’t matter if your diet is low-carb, low-fat, vegan, carnism, Intermittent fasting or eating 6 meals a day – Calorie deficit is the ultimate determinant of fat loss.
After working with different personal training clients in real life and online, I have discovered that best plan is something that works for each individual lifestyle as everyone is unique.
How Does Drinking Water Help You To Lose Weight And Belly Fat?
The trick is to lose weight by creating a significant calorie deficit (if you want to lose weight or body fat fast) or creating a small deficit over time (longer but more sustainable) by practically reducing your intake of less satisfying food, so that you can achieve and maintain results.
Ask any of my personal training clients, they will tell you that I always nag ask them to eat more protein like a mom asking their kids to eat broccoli. Why do you need to eat more protein to lose weight? Here are 3 reasons why:
Knowing the best eating strategy is useless when life events throw it out the window – be that social events, parties or god-forbid: irresistibly good food.
It's A Daily Battle': Man Gets Ripped After Starting Out Weight Loss Journey With 105kg 'dad Bod', Lifestyle News
We all have a life outside of eating lesser and losing weight. The key to sustainable weight and fat loss is to enjoy or at least, not hate the process.
Strength training can help us maintain our lean muscle tissue and our metabolism. After all, what you want is to get in shape and look fitter, which means lean muscle and low body fat. It is a common misconception among personal training clients that they want to lose weight, but in fact what they really want is to look fitter, which means losing fat and increasing lean muscle.
Even though increasing muscle mass will not cause a massive increase in metabolism (10-13kcal/kg of muscle mass), a mere 5kg increase will help you burn an extra 50kcal a day, which can result in 2.4kg fat loss a year and over 12kg fat loss in 5 years, all by increasing your resting calorie expenditure, that doesn’t even include additional calories used for exercising and daily physical activity.
Best Weight Loss Tips
Another great advantage of resistance training that utilizes compound movements (exercises that involve multiple muscle groups) is that they contribute to higher calorie burn both during and after exercise.
Do you need cardio for weight loss? No, you do not. Remember the most important ingredient of weight loss is calorie deficit. If you can achieve calorie deficit through eating well, cardio is not necessary.
BUT if you like cardio or if you cannot create a deficit through nutrition, then yes, you can incorporate some cardio as a form of exercise
How I Lost 5+kg Of Weight In 90 Days (over The Holidays Somemore)
This is an often-neglected aspect of weight and fat loss that sometimes, can be more important than exercise (not including resistance training).

So simply being more active in your daily life – walking short distances instead of taking public transport, getting up to refill your water glass once every hour etc. – can help you burn more calories overall and contribute to weight loss.I previously wrote about my weight loss journey where I lost 20kg over 6 months. That was in October last year and by the end of December, I lost another 5 kg to go below 70kg for the first time since I was in Secondary School.
So there you go, a total of 25kg lost over 9 months. But I do know that weight was unsustainable so presently, I weight about 73kg (74kg on cheat days 😁). Still not too bad as I have been somewhat maintaining it since the start of 2021... although I would like to think the increase is weight was due to the build-up of muscle mass. 😆
Is It Possible To Lose 12 Kg In A Month?
In any case, I have been reluctant to write this follow-up post because when your weight have fluctuated widly for at least the past 25 years (up to 105kg at one point), you know very well that today's lean weight could be tomorrow's banana skin for 'flexing' my weight loss publicly.
But it has been slightly over 15 months, and I am still watching my diet and exercising regularly. Heck, I even completed two firsts within 3 months - a half-marathon in May and a full marathon in July this year. So I think I should share my experience.
Because if this helps to inspire even one fellow parent, or any other individual, then it will be worth it. Plus the fact that putting this out in the public domain is a form of accountability for me to hold myself accountable... so that I will not let my weight creep up again. 😅
Weight Loss Journeys Of 5 Asian Women To Inspire You In 2022
First and foremost though, let me preface this by saying I'm NOT a trainer, I'm NOT an athlete, and neither am I a fitness blogger. And I'm sure not a doctor. I'm just a regular guy with a (huge) Dad bod, decided one day to do something about it and just went about doing it.
Motivational speakers often say, When you understand your WHY, you will know the HOW. And that applies to weight loss too. Why do you want to lose weight? For me, it because I wanted to be healthier for my family. Simple as that.

I began by taking my starting weight (95kg). Then I wrote down my 'boomerang weight' - the weight (84kg) that I always hit whenever I tried a fad diet in the past, be it intermittent fasting, crash diet or a carb-free one.
How To Lose Weight Fast: Myths & Scientific Facts About Weight Loss
I made hitting that target weight of 84kg my first goal in my weight-loss journey. Why? Because I hit that weight before so I know I can achieve that. The only difference this time is I will be using a sensible plan comprising of exercise and diet to achieve it.
Next, I wrote down my target weight (75kg). This is a number that I know I will be over the moon if I could achieve it. So when setting a target weight for yourself, do not aim for an unrealistic figure; like what you used to weigh when you were in school, but choose a number that you feel that you will be really grateful for if your goal is attained.
Weight loss can be tough, no two ways about it. There are NO shorcuts. Which is why most people fail after a few months because the weight loss doesn't seem to be making any more progress and they give up.
What Is More Important For Losing Weight
So right from the beginning, I told myself that this time, I will not allow it to suffer the same fate as my previous weight loss attempts.
I need to form better exercise and eating habits and a lifestyle that is sustainable. So coming up with a plan at the onset is crucial.
If you had read my previous post, these are the things that I set out to do that were markedly different from my previous weight loss attempts:

This Is How To Lose Post Pregnancy Weight Fast
I exercise at least 6 times a week with each session ranging from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. I do a mix of excercises: cardio, HIIT, weight-training, kickboxing, muscle-focused and even stretching. The key is to be active, even on days when you feel lazy. Even a simple 20-min stretching exercise is better than lying on your bed and scrolling through your IG feed.
I also go for weekly jogs, usually two to three times a week. This is on top of my exercises in the morning.
I started by going for a weekly hike in Singapore together with the whole family. We have visited numerous parks and even off-the-beaten-track places so far, and you can see our weekly adventures on my Facebook and Instagram accounts. If you are adverse to exercising, going on hikes frequently is also a good way of keeping active.
Extreme Weight Loss Methods
For meals, I try to avoid carbs for at least 2 meals a day. This isn't set in stone but if I do eat carbs, I only finish half the portion now.
I eat a serving of fruits every morning after each workout, mainly low sugar fruits like jambu and guava. They contain a lot of fibre too, so that keeps me full for a longer period.
Breakfast consists ofrolled oats, muesli... and sometimes bread - but only if the wifey bakes them at home. For muesli, I go for those with low sugar content and avoid those with dried fruits. Lunch is where I can afford myself to a little carbs while I totally avoid carbs for dinner.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: How Losing Weight Can Help With Irregular Periods, Acne And Infertility
On some days during the first month, I dread getting

Posting Komentar untuk "How To Lose Weight Singapore Blog"