Skipping Rope To Lose Weight Success Stories
My name is Kimberly Hooks (@kimberly_hooks). I am 30 years old and live in Las Vegas, where I work for a health care company. I wanted to be able to show up for my three energetic sons, so I researched intermittent fasting and OMAD and lost over 50 pounds in one year.
I have always been overweight, or the bigger one out of all my friends and siblings. I remember a significant point in elementary school where students had to get health IDs in case of emergencies, and it had all of our information on it like our name, birthday, height, and weight. I remember seeing 105 pounds and thinking how shocking that was, considering I was only in the fifth grade. I knew it was so sad for a 10-year-old girl to think so negatively about herself.

Going into high school and college, I became very insecure about my body and developed an eating disorder because I thought that’s how I could lose weight the fastest. I struggled with that eating disorder through college and even after that.
Best Skipping Ropes To Shop Now
My husband and kids were all sleeping, and I walked into the bathroom and just looked at myself in the mirror for a long time. I thought to myself, How did I get here? My self-esteem was at an all-time low. My youngest was eight months old at the time, but I looked like I was still eight months pregnant with him. I knew then that I had to make a change. I took some pictures of myself and started my weight loss journey the next day.
I initially started by trying to eat a plant-based diet, but that didn’t last very long. I was on YouTube searching “how to lose weight, ” and a lot of results popped up—but what intrigued me the most was intermittent fasting. I began to watch videos on intermittent fasting and decided to give it a try.
I ate my lunch and dinner and did not snack in between. I also drank at least a gallon of water a day. After about seven to eight months, I decided to try the one meal a day (OMAD) intermittent fasting method and absolutely fell in love with that lifestyle and schedule. (OMAD is a restrictive form of fasting, and it won't be right for everyone. This is just what works for me. Talk to your doctor or a nutritionist before trying it yourself.)
I Started Skipping For 20 Minutes Every Day To Lose Weight And Lost My Covid Anxiety Along The Way Too!
I did not start exercising right away. Whenever I tried, I didn't feel comfortable in my body so I gave up. But in March 2018, after I lost those 12 pounds, I felt ready and decided to get a gym membership at Planet Fitness.
I started by walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes and using weight machines here and there, but I didn’t really know what I was doing.
Right now, a typical week of exercise for me always includes jumping rope or bike riding. I have really grown to love the two, and they're great ways for me to decompress after a work day. And with bike riding, we do it as a family, so it’s great to include my boys and husband on my journey.
My 6 Month Transformation. I've Used Nothing But A 16kg, 20kg, And 24kg Kettlebell And Some Weighted Jump Ropes. Story In The Comments. 200lbs Vs 153lbs. I Really Have To Thank This
I also do a little resistance training with weights and bands I have at home, since I haven’t been back to the gym since all the shutdowns happened.
It took me about one year to lose 52 pounds, but since then I have gained some weight back. And that’s okay!
I want everyone to know something: Just because you gain some weight back does not mean you’ve failed in any way. Some days you will fall down, but the most important thing is not to stay down.
Benefits Of Jumping Rope For Women's Health
I have had to refocus and reevaluate what I’m doing. I’ve had to shift from trying to be “thin, ” to thinking about doing what’s
I’ve shifted my mindset to wanting to be *strong.* I am a mom of three boys who have never-ending energy, and I have to keep up with them. I am still on a weight loss journey, but this time it’s different. I no longer strive to have the body type of someone else. I don’t look down on myself anymore and think my body will never look like theirs. Good! It’s not supposed to anyway. I just had to change my mindset.

'I Lost 50 Lbs. With Walk At Home And MIRROR' This Mom Lost 95 Lbs. With WW And Walking This Mom Lost 95 Lbs. With Keto And IF This Mom Lost 75 Lbs. With The 80/20 Rule
Adam's Crazy Jump Rope Transformation
'I Lost 135 Pounds By Counting Macros' How 8 Women Crushed Their Resolutions In 2022 'What Finally Made Weight Loss Click For Me' The 30-Day Fitness Challenge You Need To Try
‘I Lost 190 Lbs. By Eating Healthy And Running’ This Mom Lost 90 Lbs. By Counting Calories ‘I Lost 90 Pounds With Portion Control, Lifting’ 'I Lost 100 Lbs. With WW And Jazzercise'These were the words of Ricardo Estrella’s 7 year-old daughter on the morning of February 4, 2014 - a date that will forever be ingrained in his memory.
Her classmates had been ridiculing her about his weight, and it finally reached a point where she was too embarrassed to have him take her to school.
Buy Skudgear Adjustable Skipping Rope Skipping Rope With Drawstring Bag (black, Pack Of 2)
Ricardo was heartbroken. “How did I let it get to this point?” He loved his daughter more than anything in the world, and hated to think that she was being negatively affected by his weight.
Leading up to that memorable date in February, Ricardo had reached an all-time high of 360 lbs - a gain of more than 160 lbs in total. Long and often irregular hours at the office, a sedentary lifestyle and lots of soda, sugar and processed food led to steady gains over the years, until he reached a point where he truly felt like he’d lost control.
But after seeing how his weight was affecting his loved ones, Ricardo became more determined than ever to return to a healthy weight.
This Was My Secret Weapon For Losing 50 Kilos
“My daughter’s words were such a wake-up call for me, and there was no doubt in my mind about what I needed to do.”
Ricardo hit the ground running and tried every diet and exercise regimen in the book: Atkins, South Beach, midnight jogs, hours in the gym every day. He was even hospitalized at one point for attempting an extreme 7-day soup diet. “My body was totally out of whack. That diet nearly killed me!”
Ricardo took a step back and started to do as much online research as he could to find a more realistic weight loss plan. “People are well-meaning and want to give you advice about the best approach to take. But at the end of the day, everyone is so different. What works for one person may not necessarily work for another.”
Ropesport: The Ultimate Jump Rope Workout By Winkler, Martin
During the course of his research, Ricardo came across a YouTube video of a Puerto Rican author who spoke about metabolism and the effects of sugar and processed food on weight problems. “What he was saying really made sense to me, and I started to apply his methods to my diet.”
Ricardo eliminated all processed foods and sugars from his diet, including his lifelong soda addiction. He replaced the processed foods with protein (fish, chicken, meat, eggs), steamed vegetables and lots of water.

It certainly wasn’t an easy task, and he often struggled mentally with the elimination of sugar. “I was a chainsmoker, and I quit - no problem. I also quit coffee. But nothing was as difficult as quitting sugar. By far, the most painful thing I’ve ever had to do.”
Intermittent Fasting And Jump Rope Workouts Helped Me Lose 83 Lbs
Finally, the weight started to come off at a steady pace. Over the course of 6 months, Ricardo lost 80 pounds, had more energy and was very encouraged by his progress.
But the exercise component was still missing for him, and he knew it was crucial to his long-term success. “I was aware that this was a lifestyle change - not a quick fix.”
He enjoyed cycling and lifting weights, and even joined a cycling team. But due to his irregular work hours, he was unable to make the time commitment required to maintain his position on the team. At this point, he switched to jogging, but it was too physically painful for him. “I spent a lot of money trying to find the proper running shoes, but the high impact hurt my knees and back.”
Can I Lose Weight By Jumping Everyday?
One day, a boxer friend of Ricardo’s showed him a YouTube video of Floyd Mayweather jumping rope. Ricardo was completely mesmerized, and decided at that moment that jumping rope was going to be his new exercise plan.
He purchased a cheap jump rope on Amazon, but struggled to learn the rhythm and coordination required to get an effective workout (he had never jumped rope before). So he turned his attention back to YouTube and came across a workout tutorial from .

He was nervous about the price as it was a bit of an investment for him. “My wife was pissed when she found out!” he said, laughing. “She said, ‘You spent all this money on something you don’t even
Posting Komentar untuk "Skipping Rope To Lose Weight Success Stories"