Not Losing Weight Keto Week 2
If you’re new to the Keto Diet or going to be starting soon, it helps to know what you’re getting yourself into! I am just over two weeks in and am LOVING it. So, I figured I’d share my experience and help others. Here is what to expect in the first two weeks of Keto AND the results I’ve seen:
Within a couple of days of starting Keto, and definitely within the first two weeks, you’ll start losing water weight from stored carbs! Before Keto, even though I tracked calories and watched what I ate, my weight would fluctuate 2 or 3 pounds from one day to the next purely from bloating and what I ate!

You can see in the graph my weight zigzags of ups and downs… until June 16th when I started Keto! I did a fast to help jump-start Keto, and have steadily seen a decrease on the scale ever since. After the initial water weight, you will begin to continue to lose body fat since that’s what your body is using as fuel!
Keto Weight Loss Timeline: What To Expect
I typically don’t have a sweet tooth, but during the first week on Keto, I was craving sweets like CRAZY! Luckily there are keto-friendly alternatives and I was able to get my fix and stay in my macros.
I usually crave salt and french fries, and surprisingly, I haven’t had cravings for those or bread or pasta at all! Everyone is different though, so I suggest dealing with your cravings by finding Keto-friendly alternatives.
The infamous Keto Flu. Many people feel sluggish, tired, and weak when transitioning to a Keto diet. It’s because your body is used to running on carbs and you’ve taken that fuel source away. So while your body is transitioning to starting to use fat as a fuel, you will definitely feel more tired. But fear not, there are things you can do to help prevent this feeling and combat it!
Why Am I Not Losing Weight? 9 Common Reasons And What To Do About It
Make sure you’re drinking enough water (I love this bottle to help me track) and taking electrolytes to help with dehydration. I’ve also found that exogenous ketones help with my energy level as well.
This was tough for me as I enjoy my morning workouts. Instead of my normal 1-hour walking treadmill workout that burns 700 calories , I did a light 30-minute walk instead. Don’t push yourself too hard, and take it easy the first couple of weeks.
When reading about starting the Keto Diet, many sources say that digestive issues like constipation and diarrhea are common. I have been fortunate enough not to have any of those issues. I drink a lot of water a day and try to make sure I get enough fiber as well. If you do find yourself with digestive issues, try these tips:
Week 2 Update
I personally have not found this to be the case (I workout in the mornings though and maybe I’m still adjusting), but many people report feeling fuller for longer since fat is very satiating.
This is a very common side effect once you’re in full ketosis — I’ve personally had it! It’s caused from elevated ketone levels, read more about it here.
It should subside after your body better adjusts to being low carb. For now, I just keep sugar-free mint gum around to help!

What I've Learned From Two Months Of Keto
I have not had this issue at all, but apparently some people report trouble sleeping when first getting into keto. You can try a natural sleep aid like melatonin or CBD if this is an issue for you. It should subside after a couple of weeks. I personally have been sleeping like a rock!
Some people get into ketosis in the first week, but many don’t. You can test this by using urine or blood tests. I personally use the urine tests because I am not keen on needles, but the blood tests are said to be more accurate.
After two weeks on the Keto diet, I am down 8 pounds! A lot of that is probably water weight and bloating, but I look and feel great! My clothes are fitting better and I am feeling more confident!
Keto: What To Expect In First Two Weeks Of Keto Diet + Results
I didn’t take a photo right before I started (oops) but the one on the left is from a couple days in. Even from there you can see a difference, I especially see/feel it with bloating.
I actually enjoy the food I am eating on Keto. A lot of people talk about how they hate eating so much greasy, fatty food… news flash, you’re not eating the right food!! This is where educating yourself is so important.

You can eat a greasy, bun-less cheeseburger from a fast food restaurant and technically have it fit in your macros, but it’s not “good for you” food. It’s not high quality meat, the cheese is over processed, and it’s likely cooked in vegetable oil which is not healthy.
Keto & Atkins And Anti Inflammatory Diet 2 In 1: How To Lose Weight, Reduce Inflammation And Strengthen The Immune System: Wood, Shirley, Stevens, Benjamin: 9798653876585: Amazon.com: Books
For lunch, I had a spinach salad with goat cheese and a french vinaigrette and some macadamia nuts. My meal had 48 grams of fat, 12 grams of protein, and about 3 grams of net carbs. It’s important to eat good, whole food on the Keto diet!!
I don’t think I am fully Keto adapted yet, I still have days where I am more tired and feeling a little sluggish. But, that may also have something to do with this pandemic we’re in :/ It’s hard to distinguish between the two. A lot of people have reported feeling sluggish and less motivated through all of this.
I workout most mornings so that may be making the adjustment a little more difficult, but I do it for my mental health, so I don’t plan on stopping. Hopefully that will work itself out soon!
Keto Vs. Plant Based For Weight Loss
So far I am really enjoying the Keto diet and feel a lot better. The lack of bloating has been amazing! I am excited to give a 1-month update once I reach that point! Have any more questions about What to Expect in the First Two Weeks of Keto? Feel free to leave a comment or send me a DM on Instagram!

This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting !The ketogenic diet has many amazing health benefits, such as increased energy, elimination of “blood sugar roller coaster” rides, and mental clarity, to name a few. But one of the main reasons people go keto is for weight loss. So, if you’re following a keto diet to lose weight and the scale isn’t budging, it’s certainly frustrating. But don’t dismay. We’ve rounded up the most common reasons you might not be losing weight on keto, and also share what you can do to fix the problem.
Before we dig into other possible influences, let’s make sure you are actually in ketosis. You may think you are, but if you aren’t truly in ketosis, you won’t reap the benefits from it, including weight loss. The best way to find out is to check your blood ketones and blood sugar and make sure your numbers are in line with ketosis .
Day Keto Diet Plan For Beginners With Recipes & Meal Plan
As keto has grown, so have the food choices. On one hand, it’s good to have options. But, there are some not-so-healthy options available, like misleading keto snacks and desserts, and these can affect your ability to stay in ketosis or lose weight for two simple reasons: First, many “keto” processed foods lack the nutrients we need. When your body is not getting enough vitamins and minerals from the diet, you can actually gain weight and store fat. Second, not all keto-friendly sweeteners are created equal. Some of them are zero carbs, but others contain some carbs, which can push you past your desired daily macros if you’re not careful. Worse, bio-individuality means some people react adversely to any or all of these sweeteners, perhaps heightening their blood sugar and kicking them out of ketosis. Finally, some products claim to be keto when they’re loaded with enough carbs to derail your macros. To avoid complications, be sure that the majority of your macros come from real whole foods loaded with healthy fats, such as avocados, olives, eggs, wild-caught fish, pasture-raised meats, high-fat and low-carb dairy products, healthy oils (think olive oil and coconut oil), and non-starchy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers. And, if you’re eating processed keto snacks, track your macros carefully and consider testing your ketones and blood glucose; it’s important to see if what you’re eating is affecting your ketosis. Regardless, keep your diet plan clean and keep processed treats to a minimum. If you need great keto-friendly foods to munch on instead of processed foods, try Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs or go to our recipe section for more delicious keto recipes.
Along with eating the wrong things, excessive calorie intake can also be a reason for an inability to lose weight on the ketogenic diet. Over-consumption of food and going over your recommended macros (including fat intake) can lead to weight gain rather than fat loss. Luckily, the more solidly into ketosis you are, the less hungry you become, so overeating
Posting Komentar untuk "Not Losing Weight Keto Week 2"