Is This Is Us Actress Losing Weight
Chrissy Metz's weight loss journey is nothing short of amazing. Losing weight is challenging, especially for celebrities because they are always in the public eye. But they come out strong as always and become inspirations for everyone. One such inspiring story is that of actress Chrissy Metz's weight loss.
. Metz started her acting career in 2005 with some minor roles in television and films, and it was in 2016 that she got her big break in

Like Kate Pearson in the series, Chrissy Metz's weight loss problems started when she was a child. But ever since she came into the limelight, the actress has been very vocal about her ups and downs with weight in real life. She would constantly stress about her struggles with weight off and on-screen, which eventually led to her losing 100 lbs.
This Is Us' Star's Contract Has A Mandatory Weight Loss Clause
Chrissy Metz has suffered from obesity since childhood. In an interview, she stated that she was born chubby and though she might have been a little thinner when she was active in sports, she was always chubbier than her classmates and friends.
Chrissy Metz's mother loved her, but she felt she loved going shopping with her other two sisters who were slim. Though she does not hold any grudges against her mother, these incidents definitely contributed to Metz's body image problems and self-confidence.
The actress also had a difficult relationship with her step-father. In her memoir, Metz wrote that her stepfather would stare at her, especially when she ate food. At the age of 14, he would conduct forced weigh-ins and also joked about keeping the refrigerator locked.
Biggest Celebrity Weight Loss Transformations Of All Time: Photos
Furthermore, she shared that her friends would eat whatever they wanted to, but she knew that if she ate certain things, she would quickly gain weight. So, she had to be very careful about what she ate.
Chrissy Metz’s weight loss struggle with body image and weight matched her on-screen character Kate. Although the actress no longer allows her weight to interfere with her profession, it was undoubtedly, a long and tough journey for her.
“Here was this woman who was actually dealing with weight. Not like, oh my God, I gained a pound. She was a real woman who was really struggling, and all I could think was, oh my God, I am KATE.” The turning point that led to Chrissy Metz's weight loss
This Is Us' Star Chrissy Metz Opens Up About Wearing A Fat Suit
Before starring as Kate, Metz’s then agent advised her to lose weight, and the actress did lose 50 pounds only to gain a whopping 100 pounds back. She was suffering from depression and felt like she was eating to feel better, which led to tremendous weight gain.
Metz suffered a panic attack on her 30th birthday and was rushed to the hospital. The incident was a turning point, which eventually led to Chrissy Metz's weight loss - the actress then decided to rethink her weight loss strategy.
Chrissy Metz started taking her health seriously and went on a 2000-calorie deficit diet. She started to avoid unhealthy foods and started walking for 20 minutes every day. These simple weight loss strategies made a huge difference to her mental and physical health and she lost 100 pounds in 5 months.

How 'this Is Us' Star Chrissy Metz Lost Over 100 Pounds
The actresss shared that “people tend to eat more calorie-rich, processed foods than whole foods, and eating more calories in a day than you need or burn off will make you gain weight.”
Although Chrissy Metz's weight loss was not an easy journey, she progressed happily and stopped focusing on the numbers on the scale. Instead, she started having a positive mindset towards being healthier and more confident as she wanted a fit and healthy body for herself, not limited to a target weight.
In an interview, Metz said that her weight loss journey was painful and there were days when she just wanted to back off, but the goal of reducing those pounds kept her going.
The Stunning Transformation Of Chrissy Metz
In an interview, the actress said that she believes that through the journey of Kate Pearson, Chrissy is gaining confidence and losing weight. And this is what she wants for all women who are struggling.
, Chrissy Metz said, “I’ve had women, older women, average women and teenagers, who say to me 'your role and this show has changed my life.' And that makes all the struggle, all the times when I couldn’t pay my bills, all the times where I was like, 'I can’t do this, ' worth it”.Chrissy Metz’s weight loss has got people talking. The actress who plays Kate Pearsons in the show This Is Us is a true role model for women. Irrespective of ages and sizes, Chrissy Metz’s weight loss story has been an inspiration for many. Moreover, the show’s creator, Dan Fogelman, has also supported her in her weight loss journey. She lost the weight at her own pace, promoted body positivity, got the big dollars, and got eventually showered with Emmy nominations! Read on to know how Chrissy Metz started losing weight and what keeps her going. Her story can surely inspire you to great health and wellness.

. She was born on September 29, 1980, in Homestead, Florida, and she began her acting journey in 2005. She achieved widespread fame with her compelling performance on
Weight Loss: Hollywood Actress Loses 18 Kilos; Calls 2020 As The
In 2016. Her talent has earned her nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award and two Golden Globe Awards. She is also a gifted singer and performs with her band ‘Chrissy and the Vapors.’
Outside of her acting career, Metz authored a memoir called ‘This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today.’ Keep reading to learn some more quick facts about Chrissy.
Beyond her professional achievements, Chrissy Metz has been candid about her personal struggles with body image and weight, becoming an advocate for body positivity and self-acceptance in the entertainment industry. Her openness has inspired and resonated with many people around the world. Learn more about her issues with weight in the next section.
Rebel Wilson's Weight Loss Has People 'obsessed'
Like many of us, Chrissy Metz struggled with obesity from an early age. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Chrissy said, “I was born chubby, and as I got older, at different times in my life I was thinner or more active or playing sports, but I was definitely always a chubbier kid. My friends could eat whatever they wanted to, but I knew that as a kid if I ate certain things I would totally gain weight. I had to be really cognizant of what I ate.”

She also opened up about the reality she faced as a kid. Even though her mother loved her, Chrissy always felt that her mother loved shopping and trying on clothes with her two younger and slimmer sisters. That must have been heartbreaking. And this is why she identifies with the character Kate Pearsons. She said, “I remember going to Weight Watchers when I was like 11. I was the youngest person in the damned room and it was awkward. My mom was trying to figure it out, but it’s a process. Kate wants her mom to be happy with her… [and] Rebecca (her on-screen mom played by Mandy Moore) just wants her daughter to be happy, and, of course, not be made fun of and just live a normal life. No matter what, somebody is going to pick on you for something. It’s a complicated dynamic and it is heartbreaking.”
Before her acting career began, Chrissy Metz was a preschool teacher. She told Marie Claire magazine that she took her sister to an audition and ran into an old teacher who encouraged her to audition as well. She said, “In my heart, I was like, ‘Yes, I would love to, ’ but I was too afraid of my own shadow.” However, she took the plunge and got a call next day. And within a year, she headed to Los Angeles to audition for a pilot season. According to her mom, Metz said, “Mom, I’m going to live my dream.”
This Is Us': Why Kate's Weight Isn't The Real Issue With Marc, According To An Expert
After coming to LA and going on numerous auditions, Chrissy Metz started working as her agent’s assistant! It sure paid her bills but she told Marie Claire mag, “I was like, ‘This isn’t fair, I didn’t come here for that.” But sadly, she had to work as an agent for a while. In a candid interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Metz admitted it was more than painful to schedule auditions for other actresses. She said, “Scheduling auditions for the talent was like watching your boyfriend take out another woman every single day.”
Before landing her famous role in This Is Us, in her then agent’s advice, she lost a whopping 50 pounds only to put 100 pounds back on. According to Chrissy, she was suffering from depression and she felt like she was “eating my feelings”, meaning that she was chained by emotional eating. Which led to a lot of weight gain. On her 30th birthday, she had a panic attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. And this is when Chrissy Metz took a step back and had to rethink her weight loss strategy.
After the incident, she started taking self-care more seriously and more responsibly. All she did was go on

Posting Komentar untuk "Is This Is Us Actress Losing Weight"