Which Is Best For Losing Weight Cycling Or Walking
Bikes Electric Bikes Accessories Bike Advice All Womens Mens Unisex Styles Beach Cruiser Hybrid Comfort Tricycle Limited Editions Commuter Fat TireShow 2 More All Women Men Styles Step Thru Tricycle Beach Cruiser Folding Folding Tricycle Comfort For SeniorsShow 4 More Add-ons Bags & Panniers Helmets Seats Apparel Water Bottles Bells Phone HoldersShow 15 More Parts Batteries & Chargers Ebike Displays Derailleur Fenders Tires Seat Posts ERickshaw PartsShow 7 More Other Gift Cards Bike Advice Video Blog eBike Product Reviews Assembly Instructions FAQ's Choosing A Bike Ride Ideas Your PERFECT BIKE Starts Here E-Bikes & Bikes Customised to You → Start Fitting
Losing weight takes devotion and focus, since it usually means increasing the number of calories you burn and reducing the number - or type - you consume, which can become tedious. The good news is that bicycling can offer a great cardio workout while keeping you engaged and having fun, and there are a variety of options for finding the best bike for city riding. Here is a look at some of the best types of weight-loss bikes for the city.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/manonbike-bcadb3d47875459cb868e9a25466b546.png?strip=all)
Road bicycles are lightweight, fast, and designed for use on roads primarily, and some well-maintained trails. Their thin, high-pressure tires and aerodynamic design mean you can travel long distances with great speed, making them perfect for commuting or even traveling, and can help you burn 200 calories or more per hour. Naturally, they are at the top of the list of the best bikes for city riding. Check out the collection .
Bike Weight: Are Lighter Bikes Better? How Much Does Weight Matter? Plus
Mountain bikes are bigger and heavier and come equipped with thick, durable tires to handle the demands of off-road challenges. Depending on how aggressively you take on the mountain trails, you certainly can burn a substantial number of calories on this type of bike. However, keep in mind that that same weight and durability could make road biking much more challenging, and if that causes you to leave your bike behind and drive in the city instead then it could backfire as a calorie-burning vehicle. Have a look at ’s off-road bikes.
These best-of-both-worlds bikes combine the durability of mountain bikes with the speed and nearly as lightweight design of road bikes, making them a great choice for nearly any terrain. On the road, you will find them light enough and fast enough to move you through traffic without burning you out. Their powerful design will keep you on the trails longer instead of encouraging you to quit halfway through because your delicate bike couldn’t handle it, allowing the rough terrain to beat you to a pulp. It’s that versatility that gives them the most upside since one of the greatest challenges of any weight-loss regimen is consistency. Take a tour of ’s lineup of hybrids.
Ultimately, only you can choose the best bike for city riding that will meet your particular goals and needs best. However, with all things being equal, a hybrid city bike gives you the greatest chance of any of the bicycle types listed above to bike on all terrains. For many, that means more time on their bike, and more calories burned.
Cycling For Weight Loss: How To Lose Weight Through Cycling
ShopBikesElectric BikesAccessoriesGift Cards ExploreBike AdviceGet FittedJourney ClubOur StoryRider StylesAffialiate ProgramBecome a Brand Ambassador InfoTest RideFinancingBuyer's GuideFind a RetailerBulk OrderDiscount CodesVisit Us SupportWarrantyShippingReturnsRegister BikeAssemblyContact Us AccountLog InForum ShopBikes Electric Bikes Accessories Gift Cards ExploreBike Advice Get Fitted Journey Club Our Story Rider Styles Affiliate Program Become a Brand Ambassador InfoTest Ride Financing Buyer's Guide Find a Retailer Bulk Order Discount Codes Visit Us SupportWarranty Shipping Returns Register Bike Assembly Contact Us SocialInstagram TikTok Facebook YouTube AccountLog In ForumGrowing up right near the local trail network, I started riding trails in my early teens, and couldn’t get enough of it. The local freeride scene in British Columbia in the early 2000s blew up, and I became pretty obsessed! My first job was at a bike shop, and the money made there went into keeping my bike repaired.
After a decade of slow and steady weight gain, I’d crept up to my heaviest weight. In 2007, when I got married, I was around 200 pounds—but for much of the next decade, my mountain bike sat dormant, gathering dust. In the spring of 2017, I realized weighed in at 245 pounds.
During that decade, a busy life—university, starting a business, getting married, and having five kids—combined with a bad diet got in the way of my health. I always tried to fight weight gain through biking in the summers, but it didn’t cut it. I tried to crash-diet and would drop 15 pounds, but then would seem to gain 20 back.
Does The Stationary Bike Or Treadmill Provide A Better Workout?
On May 1, 2017, I decided to change it, once and for all. If I kept this weight gain up for another decade, I knew it would be too late to turn it around.

I started by cutting out all sweets, most carbs, and all booze. Black coffee, eggs, salad, veggies, fruit, nuts, and meat were my go-to. I also decided to ride five to six times a week, no matter what. As the spring and summer went on, I started feeling faster and faster on the bike. The hills I used to have to walk my mountain bike up were now rideable.
I started consistently dropping weight for the first time in my life. By mid-summer I was down below 200 pounds, and by fall I weighed in at 180 pounds—a 65-pound difference.
Power To Weight Ratio For Cyclists: How To Calculate, Take Advantage Of, And Increase It.
Losing weight took a lot of work, but I was rewarded by a rapidly changing body composition, increased performance on the bike, and plenty of compliments. Once I hit 180 pounds, my body stopped shedding weight, and I had to learn how to make this newfound lifestyle sustainable. People got used to “skinny” me, and compliments stopped. I wasn’t replacing my wardrobe, and I realized I had to figure out how to make this new way of life “routine.”
Now, my target is to ride seven hours a week. This can be seven one-hour rides, one seven-hour ride, or anything in between. In the summer I’ll ride more, and in the winter it’s tough to get seven hours in, but 365 hours a year is the goal!

During prime riding months (May–October), I prefer to ride in the mornings. I get up around 5:30 a.m., make coffee, and get on the bike. Whether it’s a mountain bike ride, a gravel ride, or a road ride, I love starting my day on the bike. It’s much easier to be motivated to ride if there’s someone else to ride with, and I often go with my long-time riding buddy.
How To Lose Weight Through Cycling: 13 Tips To Help You Shed The Pounds
I have regular rides that keep the schedule consistent. Tuesday night is my favorite; a local “drop ride” to keep it spicy. Early mornings every Friday are a year-round “dad’s club” ride, which is an easy 50km before work that ends at the local coffee shop.
In the winter months, my schedule changes a bit. I live near Vancouver, where the weather is really variable in the winter. I spend more time on my smart trainer, and focus much more on structured training using TrainerRoad. I still always prefer being outside when possible.
During the winter, I typically hit the gym for cross training two to three times per week. I’ve recently set up a “mini-gym” where my smart trainer is set up so I can do core, sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups. And, I’ll run if I’m traveling and and don’t have a bike with me. For me, it’s a fun part of exploring new places.

Biking Vs Walking
While 30 minutes in the gym can feel like hours to me, four hours on the bike seem to fly by! The feeling of a getting stronger, getting faster, and being healthy and fit from doing something I love is a perfect combination.
I race Marathon XC, road, and enjoy doing a few Fondos each year. This year, I’m excited to do my first-ever gravel race this fall. You won’t see me on the podiums, but I’m improving and learning a ton; I hope to one day get on an age-group podium at a local race.
Over the last few years, focusing on performance improvements has brought a different aspect to it. From FTP tests to races, and from group “drop rides” to some Strava segment hunting, I really enjoy the challenge and reward of measured improvements.
Bike Riding For Weight Loss
The secret to losing weight turned out to be simple, although it had evaded me for years. Eat healthy and exercise lots. Fight to create (or change) habits to allow this to be consistent. Once I hit my target weight, it took me the next year to learn how to live a balanced life. To lose weight, I cut out beer for a while. I wanted those post-ride beers, so rather than beers every night like I used to do, I save them for a treat, especially after a big ride. I also cut out all sweets. That proved to be really challenging. Now, I have dessert, just less often, and less of it.

I make diet and health mistakes regularly, but I
Posting Komentar untuk "Which Is Best For Losing Weight Cycling Or Walking"