Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Lose Weight Climbing Stairs

Lose Weight Climbing Stairs

Weight loss: I clibed 60 flights of stairs regularly and got in shapeTIESOFINDIA.CO | Last updated on -Jan 13, 2021, 11:03 ISTShare fbsharetwsharepinshare Coents (0 )

The pandeic cae as a blessing in disguise for 42-year-old Ranganath Shara who had been a victi of bad eating habits. A friendly wager fro his colleagues and health coplications forced hi to start his weight loss journey in ay 2020. In a atter of onths, he lost all extra weight and now, is a living exaple for people around hi. As they say, when there's a will, there's a way. Read his weight loss story to know the exercise routine he followed to lose the flab! Nae: Ranganatha Shara (Harsha Vardhan) Age: 42 years Occupation: Product anager City: Bangalore Height: 5 Feet and 7.5 inches Highest recorded weight : 94.5 kilos Weight lost:21 kilos Duration it look e to lose weight: 5 onthsreadore

Is

I a a big-tie foodie and I have been overweight for over 15 years now. But the change happened in 2020. It all started as a bet with y colleagues as a New Year resolution we took in 2020. The challenge was to lose 20 kilos! Initially, I could not do uch in the first 4-5 onths and y weight was stagnant-between 94-96 kilos for long. Even though I knew I had to keep y words, I found it hard to even take out tie for exercising. I had a crazy schedule- 4.5 hours of couting and then work. However, I really think COVID pandeic cae as a blessing in disguise. Because we were working fro hoe, y lifestyle becae all the ore sedentary. Probles worsened when I would run of breath even in copleting siple tasks. I couldn't anage to get in and out of y car! Sall bouts of walking were difficult. That was the tie y boss saw y condition and gifted e a health band and ordered e to start walking!readore

Why Climbing Stairs Is The Best Exercise!

To be honest, I didn't really change y diet. I just changed y eating habits. I got strict with y eal tiings and focussed on reducing y intake to 80% of the original. This slowly helped e create a calorie deficit. ost of what I ate is hoeade, vegetarian food. I did not use any suppleents. I just oderated y portions, included all iportant food groups and ate lesser than I used to. Because of the pandeic, we stopped eating junk food fro outside and naturally ate healthy. That was the biggest change I ade. I used to have a fruit + Green tea as y prework out eal in the orning and corn flakes+ ilk with cashew and raisins as y breakfast. Afternoon I used to have one or two Chapathi/Phulka depending on y appetite with a Vegetable gravy. A fruit in the evening (Banana/Apple, Orange, 2# Pineapple slices etc) for y snacks. y dinner would be no later than 7P and was liited to sall bowl of Raita or a serving of Vegetable salad. What do you eat on your cheat days? I did not restrict any food ite copletely fro y diet but did take one or two bites so that I don’t continue to crave and end up eating ore next tie.readore

As I said, the first step I took was literally counting y steps. I set a target of taking 10, 000 steps on a daily basis. No gy or workout plan as such. Slowly, as I becae consistent with y routine and dedicated tie, the needle started to ove down on the scale. This otivated to further increase y step count and reduce y diet intake to 65% of what I originally ate. This really helped e eet y goal weight. I lost 8 kilos by August! I never started running until I reached down to 78 kilos because I knew I could daage y knees. Now, this has been the schedule I have been following for the past 230+ days. y average step count is 17k steps a day. I also started stair clibing in Septeber and try and do about 60 floors a day, 3 days a week. I started jogging indoors too and Fitness secrets I unveiled: It's iportant to be physically active, any way you can. I realized it late, but value it ore than ever. I even ade it a point to coplete 10k steps when the weather was bad or I had work. In fact, personal issues did not deter y exercise schedule. I lost y dad in August but I ade sure I exercise even then. That's the coitent I had ade to yself and ade sure to respect that.readore

I a the kind of person who doesn't like to go back on y words or proises I ake to others. Even if it was difficult in the beginning, the sole goal was to take the first steps. How do I stay focussed? I broke down y goals into weekly targets and kept achieving the week over week. Sall goals ake it look easier. This way, even personal challenges and hurdles didn't see stressful. Also, I feel y colleagues' constant reinders of keeping up with the bet helped e stay focussed and never give up till y target was et with.readore

Stair Climbing At Work: How To Get Office Active This Week And Burn Some Serious Calories

Y eating habits and schedule. Earlier, blae it on y erratic work tiings or just the lifestyle, I used to have y dinner soeties as late as 10:30 P.. After I started y transforation, I wrap up y last eal for the day at 7 P.., that too kept light. Secondly, I willingly ade tie for working out. It benefitted e greatly. What was the lowest point for you? None, according to e. All of y journey is a big learning lesson and I a extreely grateful for the sae. readore

The biggest takeaway I have is- anything is possible if we stay focussed and coitted on our goals. Never give up till you have copletely exercised all your options/resources. If you have a weight loss story to share, send it to us at toi.health1@gail.co DISCLAIER: These views are not generic in nature. What worked for the writer ay not work for you. So avoid following this article blindly. Find out what works for your body.readore

I

10 plants that can bring bad luck to your house Nora Roberts' profound quotes on love, life Siple tips to iprove aths skills of kids World ental Health Day: Live updates Rekha's ultiate beauty regie Dinner table setting tips for beginners 6 books to help during bad days 5 love languages of kidsI climbed the stairs daily for a week to lose my quarantine weight and it worked! The lockdown surely made me realise how gym and fancy equipment was not an essential prerequisite for weight loss.

One Step At A Time Helps Weight Loss

Years ago, I read about the then-50-something pop star, Madonna, talking about how she used to climb the stairs of the hotels she’d stay at while touring all over the world. Perhaps at that time, this practice was her way of making up for the absolute paucity of time that left her with no chance of squeezing in a proper workout. 

Almost a decade later, Madonna’s advice has turned out to be perfect jugaad for me. However, this time, it wasn’t to make up for any paucity of time. In fact, it seemed like the only way to work out at home—given how the gyms were shut due to the covid-19 pandemic.

Weight

Why did I start ‘stairing’, you wonder? Surely, there is no dearth of fitness bloggers, instructors, and coaches who’ve been hosting free or paid workout sessions online. There’s also no dearth of Zumba/dance/Bollywood workouts on YouTube that promise you great results.

Stair Climbing Benefits

But there’s a severe dearth of patience to find an exhilarating video first followed by a more severe dearth of willpower to finish off an entire 40-minute workout session while standing in front of the TV screen. Defo, not my style!

However, with a belly plunging out and my chins multiplying—thanks to all the quarantine-cooking experiments and boredom-snacking—I knew I had to do something. Obviously, that something had to accommodate my lack of patience and interest span for it to be able to last for long.

Weight

Enter: Climbing stairs Fitness-conscious people talk about ditching the elevator and taking the stairs all the time. But people like me, who literally need a push to control their ever-increasing waist size, will ask you to resort to its high-intensity version. 

Reasons Why You Should Replace Running With Stairs Climbing

At least that’s what I did. Two minutes of rapidly going up and down the stairs of my three-storey building, followed by a two-minute rest to catch some breath, and then getting back to the grind again till I completed several rounds of it. 

On day 1, I began with three rounds of stair-climbing and by the end of the week, I managed to push myself to finish seven rounds within 10 to 15 minutes. 

Top

Now, if you’re already applauding my stamina for going uphill in such a short span, I’d like to confess that it was really my greed that led me to push

Can You Lose Weight Climbing Stairs?

Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight Climbing Stairs"