Calorie Calculator To Lose Weight Breastfeeding
I’ve had a few emails come in regarding caloric & nutritional intake requirements while Breastfeeding and also what I’ve been eating and how many calories I’ve personally been taking in.
When I was pregnant, I was eating around 2, 300 calories daily for mostly all 3 trimesters. Some days, I would even eat up to 2, 500-especially in the third trimester when I had a lot less energy and was hungrier! While Breastfeeding, you need 500 extra calories tagged into your daily value to makeup for the amount of calories being burned throughout the day from feeding your baby. Isn’t it crazy that Breastfeeding burns that much!

My number was in the 1800s for my minimum daily intake. If I go below this number, I could risk losing my milk production. So I took this number and automatically tagged 500 onto that, and that basically let’s me know how much I can consume on a daily basis.
Breastfeeding And Weight Loss
But wait-what if I am working out? Here’s where the numbers get tricky because everyone is so different-so is every internet calculator you find. Seeing a dietician is the best thing you can do throughout your pregnancy and postpartum to find the perfect number for you, but if you want to figure it out on your own, I suggest going by the Breastfeeding calculator’s minimum requirement, then adding the extra 500, and then using something such as MyFitnessPal to track not only your calories being consumed, but your calories from activities that are being burned-this way, you can eat back what you burn OR make sure you do not dip below the minimum caloric requirement that you need for Breastfeeding, ensuring you have enough for lactation.
Next topic, postpartum weightloss while Breastfeeding. This tends to be slightly controversial because in order to lose weight, it usually means cutting back calories, right? Right! But, that’s not a bad thing.
Some postpartum Breastfeeding women will notice that they keep a bit of a softer figure while they are lactating. This makes sense because you are eating to keep up with those lost calories. Is it possible to lose weight and still breastfeed? Absolutely! So, how?
Reasons You May Not Be Losing Weight While Breastfeeding L Dieting When Breastfeeding
Remember those calculators mentioned above? Take the minimum amount of calories needed to ensure lactation and tag on that 500 extra calories that you may consume. Workout and burn those calories-but don’t let your daily intake slip below the minimum line. There you have it! Is it really that simple? Well, it depends on you. Every body is different. You may notice a change in your milk production though if you decrease your calories or you may still be golden. One thing I would recommend is no drastic drops in calories-slowly burn more at a time. When in doubt-speak to a nutritionist or a dietitian!
I will be building muscle and toning up when given the clear in a month so I personally won’t be lowering my calories to lose weight. I will be upping my calories to put on that lean muscle and to get rid of my softness that I have. I have cellulite. I have a little flab. Since I have birth, my butt is virtually FLAT! Lol, I miss my preggo behind. I promise, I am human and I am NOT perfect at all.
No matter what your weightloss or weight gain goals are, we are all in this together. Breastfeeding is the best thing you can give your child (if you are able) and losing a few pounds isn’t worth the risk in losing your milk production so take it easy, listen to your body, and definitely consult with your doctor.
Lose Weight While Breastfeeding: Importance And Tips
Here is my personal recipe for my favorite lactation cookie that helps boost milk supply! The key ingredients that support breastfeeding are oats, brewers yeast, and flax. Also, here are some foods to boost your milk supply 🙂
This blog is for those who are thinking of becoming pregnant, are already pregnant, or have given birth and are looking forward to getting their best bodies ever.A breastfed baby depends on their mother for 100% of their nutrition. That's why extra nutrients are required for milk production and to support your precious baby's healthy growth and development.
Extreme diets and cutting out major food groups are a no-no while breastfeeding because you'll miss out on too many vital nutrients. You'll also risk impacting your milk supply due to not eating enough for your body's needs.

How To Count Macros While Breastfeeding
So how many calories do you need to eat to lose weight at the same time as supporting your milk supply? Let’s find out.
When you boil it down to basics, weight loss and weight gain seem simple. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. Alternatively, you will lose weight if you burn more energy than you consume.
However, if you eat too few calories, you risk causing harm to your body. And, if your calories are too low while breastfeeding, you can impact your milk supply.
How Many Calories A Day To Lose Weight Calculator
So, the key to losing weight when breastfeeding is to consume nutrient-dense, healthy foods and maintain at least a moderate level of physical activity. The combination of a healthy diet and exercise should ensure your energy output is slightly less than your energy input. And this will allow you to lose weight safely and gradually without impacting your milk supply.
The In Shape Mummy Health Shake is a quick and easy way to help you get the nutritients you need for breastfeeding while losing weight.

Although we don’t recommend always counting calories (as it is a lot of work for busy mums), we understand that some people benefit from a guideline.
How Many Calories Do I Need When Breastfeeding?
There's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to calories. A 90kg mum has different calorie requirements than a 65kg mum. The 90kg mum and 65kg mum do not need the same amount of food. The number of calories an individual needs is influenced by age, gender, weight, activity level and whether you are partially or exclusively breastfeeding.
The internet is full of advice suggesting women follow a diet of 1, 200 calories. But this is unrealistic and dangerous advice for many women, especially for mums who are breastfeeding as this is not enough.
No one can deny that breastfeeding mums have a lot on their plate. Between sleep deprivation, changing nappies, juggling cooking dinner, and witching hour, there's not much time for weighing out exact portions of chicken and broccoli. And that is why we don't recommend strict calorie counting. Instead, we suggest having a rough idea of how many calories you should consume and aim to make up those calories with a variety of healthy, nutrient-rich foods.
Calorie Deficit Calculator Uk: 3 Steps To Find Yours
This calorie calculator takes an individual approach that considers your age, gender, weight, activity level and whether you are partially or exclusively breastfeeding to determine how many calories you need to lose weight while supporting your milk supply.

Breastfeeding women generally require an additional 250 calories per day when partially breastfeeding (breastfeeding as well as solids/formula) and an extra 500 calories per day when breastfeeding exclusively. Our calculator takes the amount you are breastfeeding into account.
Listening to your hunger cues while breastfeeding is super important. One day you might find yourself starving even though you've eaten the same amount as usual. And this could be due to your little one going through a growth spurt and taking in more milk, ultimately requiring you to make more milk.
What Is A Healthy Breastfeeding Diet?
In the beginning, you could be breastfeeding between 8-12 times a day. This helps to explain a mother's constant hunger and thirst during the newborn phase. For the first few months, we recommend having stacks of snacks on hand, even for the night feeds. And always keep your water bottle on you. It's easy to become dehydrated when breastfeeding so frequently. And your body can misinterpret the need to hydrate as hunger. Breastfeeding women should aim for 9-15 glasses of water each day.
Mums with a plentiful milk supply need to consume more calories than mums with a lower milk supply. The same goes for women who mix feed with formula, as the total amount of milk you produce is less.
Newborn' and younger infants take in more milk and use more energy. Infants who have started consuming solids won't require as much milk and won't use up as much energy.

How Many Calories Should I Eat A Day?
Not all calories are equal, so you can eat an additional 300 calories in one meal, or you could spread it out over the day by choosing healthy, nutrient-dense options. For example, a packet of 2-minute noodles contains 300 calories, provides no nutritional value and won’t fill you up. At the same time, 300 calories of healthy foods looks like a tin of tuna, two rice cakes, one tomato and ¼ of an avocado. These foods contain a healthy amount of protein, carbs, healthy fats, and an array of essential vitamins & minerals which will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
A healthy example of 500 calories is a combination of the following: 100g chicken breast, ½ cup cooked quinoa, 2 cups mixed salad, one banana, one glass of almond milk, 2 tbsp In Shape Mummy
Posting Komentar untuk "Calorie Calculator To Lose Weight Breastfeeding"