How Many Calories Should I Eat To Lose Weight At 300 Pounds
Calories can crush your efforts. How many calories should you eat to lose weight? Many ladies ask me this and are consumed with calories when they should be focused on eating when they are hungry and stopping when they are full. It’s a simple concept but we make it more complicated than it needs to be because emotions are involved.
Calorie counting can be restrictive and cause you to feel deprived. When you are active, your body requires more calories. Lazy days require less. Your body doesn’t need a ton of calories when you are not burning them. When you calorie count, you eat the same amount of calories daily despite if you are hungry or active. That’s not a plan for weight loss, that’s just a math equation. Consider this:
![]()
There is something to be said for a plan that is reasonable and attainable for your lifestyle. Also consider the different “demands and seasons” of your life. By seasons, I don’t mean winter, spring, summer or fall. I mean, you had a baby, you are taking care of sick parents or friends, your job is over demanding, you are going through a medical issue and everything else that gets piled onto your life.
How Many Calories Should You Eat?
Each stage and “season” of your life requires different demands, calories, workouts and sleep to be healthy and keep the weight off. Focus on great quality food and calories. Give special attention to when you feel full. Remember when you were younger everyone said “finish your plate, don’t waste food?” Wrong! Eat until you are full, save the rest for later.
It started with a simple question from a client in our Cardio Boot Camp class. “How many calories should I consume?” Another client asked “How many calories do you consume in a day Trina?” My response: “I don’t count calories but my guess would be at least 2000 per day”. Her response, “Holy! That is a pregnancy diet!” No it’s not.
I have never counted calories. It is time consuming and interferes with life. Caloric intake depends on a lot of factors and we all require different amounts. Not all of it can be perfectly measured. If you eat too little, you gain weight.
How Many Calories Should I Eat To Lose Weight?
These are my daily rules: Eat until you are full, be aware of portion sizes and make the healthiest choices possible. After all, you are fuelling your body. For me, I need energy to raise 3 kids, run a business, be active, alert and function to the best of my abilities. What do you require the calories for? Re-evaluate this daily.
I wanted to test my knowledge, so I embarked upon a “calorie tracking” journey using the MyFitnessPal app. These were my results:
85% of the time I eat natural, organic, unprocessed food that provides energy for my workouts and daily life including protein, carbs and fat with every meal. Before I give you the list of what my diet consisted of for the week, remember that not all calories are created equal. Calories can come with a dose of sugar, additives, unhealthy fats or healthy fat and so much more.
If A Person Is 100kg, Then How Many Calories Should He/she Take In A Day To Lose Weight Fast?
I must train crazy to consume this many calories right? No, I am not training for a show or trying to lose weight. My training schedule consists of 4 tough workouts/week including circuit training with cardio, weights, boxing and stretching 20-60 minute sessions (my focus: increase muscle mass and maintain healthy body fat percentage).
To be honest, the calories are probably higher. It was not a regular week for me. I ate a bit less due to time constraints. MyFitnessPal kept telling me that if I continued to eat this many calories I would actually gain weight. I have ate this way for a long time.
Thanks to my clients for always keeping me intrigued and teaching me along the way. As always, thanks for reading and I welcome your comments and thoughts!
Articles / Calories: How Many Should I Eat?
Click here to be the first to know when my Recipe Book launches. High fat low carb and high protein is not for me but it might be for you. Measure your food at first to get to know your portions. Download this free workbook if emotional eating is an issue for you. Put the fun back in eating!
As Owner and Founder of , Trina has built her dream business from the ground up and decided to take make her passion a full time job after having children. She has been coaching and educating women since 1998 to be more more, get stronger mentally and physically, to make themselves a priority and be their best self. She is described as a “Master Motivator and Inspirational”. Women are embracing her approach and filling her sold out multiple award winning classes, committing themselves to her mantra that “Strong is the New Skinny.”When you are starting a weight loss diet , you know to eat well and healthy foods, but how do you work out how many calories you should eat?
We know that creating a calorie deficit will help us lose weight, but how much should be reducing our intake by for weight loss?
How Many Calories Should I Eat? Weight Loss Tips
If we are not careful, we can over-reduce our calories and when you do that, you risk not losing weight, because your body is in starvation mode and holds on to fat and you could find yourself being lethargic and unwell, as you don’t have enough fuel to keep your body functioning optimally.
So how can you work out the right calorie balance for you on your weight loss diet, if you’re trying to lose a few lbs?

As a rule, we know that general NHS guidance states that women should eat about 2000 calories a day and men should eat 2500 to maintain weight.
Calorie Calculator Helps You Calculate How Many Calories Should You Eat Every Day To Lose Weight?
This will be really dependent on each person, but the good news is, you can work it out and get a good idea of how many calories you should eat to lose weight.
To do this you need to work out your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) – basically the number of calories your body burns just by functioning.
We know this could look a little complex, so here is an example using Susan, who is 36, she’s 167cm (about 5ft6) and weighs 81kg (about 12 and a half stone).
Here's How Many Calories You Should Eat For Your Desired Weight Goals
So, as a minimum, Susan should be eating 1834 calories per day to sustain her energy levels and standard of living as that is how many calories her body burns, roughly, just by simply existing!

But it doesn’t end there, we also need to factor in movement and activity, and this helps us calculate our Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE).
Your TDEE is the total number of calories you burn in a given day by simply moving around, doing things like taking the stairs, hoovering, walking to the car and any exercise you do.
How Many Calories Should I Eat To Lose Weight? Find Out Now
In Susan’s case, she has a sedentary desk job, but does attend a few Zumba classes a week, so we are going to multiply her BMR by the lightly active category of 1.375.
Typically, if you want to lose weight, you would look to reduce your TDEE number by 20% and this should see you losing a sustainable 1-2lbs per week.
Using a 504-calorie deficit, Susan would lose just over 1lb per week, as we know that 1lb of weight loss = 3, 500 calorie deficit.

How Many Calories To Eat Daily To Lose Weight? (get This Right!)
If you’ve been watching your calories, how many have you been having? Have you ever checked your TDEE numbers to see how many you should eat?
We have expert weight loss doctors who can give your medical-based advice on how to lose weight sustainably and sensibly, without putting your health in danger.
Posting Komentar untuk "How Many Calories Should I Eat To Lose Weight At 300 Pounds"