Can You Lose Weight Taking 10000 Steps A Day
In June 2015, Amanda L. of Chambersburg, PA, hit her heaviest weight at 281 pounds. When her doctor diagnosed her with liver disease caused by being overweight, she decided it was time to make some changes. With the help of a Fitbit fitness tracker she started counting steps, and today, at age 35, she's lost nearly 100 pounds. Here's what it took to reach that 10, 000-step benchmark every day.
Hitting 281 pounds was a wakeup call. I knew I had been gaining weight, but I hadn't realized how much. I was having pain in my knees and other medical issues when my doctor recommended a liver biopsy. I was diagnosed with nonalcoholic cirrhosis of the liver, and my weight was to blame. That was the final push I needed to do something differently. (Lose up to 15 pounds in just 30 days with this revolutionary superfood plan from the publisher of
![]()
I pretty much never exercised before. I have a dog, so I'd take him on short walks, and I did walk around a bit at work, but I ate whatever I wanted, whatever tasted good. I visited a weight loss clinic where I learned helpful tips, like switching to whole grains and packing healthy snacks for work so I wouldn't be tempted to stop for fast food. I joined a gym and started walking more. I couldn't do much more than 5 minutes on the bike or the elliptical before I was breathing heavily, but I slowly built up endurance. Now, I can do 45 minutes on cardio equipment.
Ways To Get 10,000 Steps A Day
A friend of mine told me about her Fitbit and how she used it to track what she ate. After doing some research, I bought the Charge HR model, which could help me count calories, steps, estimate how many calories I burned, and more. What I didn't realize was that it was going to be hard to hit 10, 000 steps a day. Oh, that's easy! I remember thinking. But then I'd start walking and realize it's
So I started finding small ways to add steps to my day: parking in the farthest corner of a store's parking lot, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, using a different entrance at work so I had to walk farther to get to my desk. I walk to my local yoga studio instead of driving. If I'm walking to an appointment, I'll leave 15 minutes early and do an extra lap.
I also kept track of what I was eating. I learned that restaurant meals often contain a lot more calories than I realized. You think salads are healthy, but with fried chicken, cheese, and ranch dressing as toppings, some are as high in calories as a cheeseburger. Logging everything I ate helped teach me about making healthier choices. With these exercise and eating changes, I was losing around 5 to 6 pounds a week.
The Gym Starter
I've gone from wearing a size 22 pant to a size 8—I had to totally replace my wardrobe. I'm down to 187 pounds, and my goal is to get to around 150 or 160 pounds. These last few pounds are really stubborn, and it's been going really slowly. I do Fitbit challenges with my friends to stay motivated.
I used to take six different medications a day, and now I'm down to just an anti-inflammatory for my knees. My latest liver test came back almost completely back to normal, and I don't have heartburn or high blood pressure anymore. And according to my Fitbit, my resting heart rate has improved. It's pretty neat to be able to track how my health is improving as I lose weight. Now, I have so much more energy—I don't
Exactly What I Ate to Lose 60+ Pounds 5 Ways Yo-Yo Dieting Is Bad for You How This Mom Lost Nearly 90 Pounds Mississippi Woman's Workout Video Goes Viral
The Importance Of 10,000 Steps
How Meal Prepping Helped Me Drop 85 Pounds How Bullet Journaling Helped Me Lose Weight How Meal Prepping Helped This Woman Drop 54 Pounds 10 Minutes A Day Is All You Need To Get Fit

10 Minutes A Day Is All You Need To Get Fit 10 Minutes A Day Is All You Need To Get Fit Jimmy Kimmel Lost 25 Pounds By Following This Trendy Diet Mama June Just Did A Photo Shoot Showing Off Her Weight-Loss Surgery ResultsI have battled with the scale for as long as I can remember. Before my most recent weight loss journey, I failed at previous weight loss attempts where I tried to use fat burners, and ended up hovering at around 330 pounds. I bottomed out over a year later when I stepped on the scale and realized I had gained roughly 80 pounds, and I was over 400 pounds.
Depression played a huge role in my weight gain, and working a 9 to 5 desk job also caught up with me. I had no mindfulness when it came to things like drinking water and consuming calories. Between my mental health, sedentary lifestyle and poor decision-making, I created a perfect recipe for obesity.
Does Walking 10,000 Steps Every Day Help To Lose Weight?
At my heaviest, I started noticing alarming health issues, and was even breaking my furniture due to my weight. I noticed my legs would go numb during the day, my eyes would swell, and I would wake up with awful lower back pain. Outside of the alarming health issues, I was depressed, had zero self-confidence, and I had pretty much given up on trying to be healthy one day.
Then I received a Fitbit device through my employer, and I decided to set myself the simple goal of walking 10, 000 steps each day, as well as logging my food. This was a game changer. Honestly, I was at the point where I had nothing to lose; I am so lucky my work has a partnership with Fitbit because it saved my life. It really helped me make lifestyle changes that I’d had trouble making for the past two decades.

I started drinking a lot more water, logging my sleep, and counting my calories via the Fitbit app. I also tried to get up and move around every hour, which helped with my target of hitting 10, 000 steps. Just those few little changes had an enormous impact on my health.
Walking For Weight Loss: Is 10,000 Steps Enough?
As my health gradually got better, my workouts started evolving and getting harder. In the beginning, I was doing it all on my own, but now I have a trainer, whose workouts really helped me take my weight loss journey to the next level. We’ve moved to virtual sessions during the pandemic. I work out twice a day at a local gym, and do two virtual bootcamps and two kickboxing classes six days a week.
I also run on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The pandemic has actually helped me with my weight loss, because I was forced to adapt and change my workouts, and I was able to take advantage of the extra time on my hands. Focusing on my training also helped me with my mental health during this time.
When I first started my journey in May 2019, at a weight of 410 pounds, I had the goal of getting under 300 pounds by my 30th birthday on December 9.. I made it by the skin of my teeth; 299.5 pounds. Today, I weigh 248 pounds—a total loss of 162 pounds—although I’m still 60 or 70 pounds off from my goal weight.
Thrice A Week Strength Training ,cico,if And 10k Steps For Ten Days! No Food Restrictions. I Eat Carbs And Focus More On Moderation. No Change In The Scale. Same Weight.
My friends and family were stunned, proud and happy about my transformation. My weight loss also motivated a lot of my co-workers to be healthier, and it felt great that my journey helped to inspire others.
There have been so many other positive results of my transformation aside from my physical health. First, I’m happy, which I have not been in a long time. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders (no pun intended). There was always a little voice in the back of my head reminding me of my weight, and it’s not there anymore. I also have hope; I am so hopeful about my future.
To anyone else who is at the start of their own fitness journey, I would say: If I can do it, so can you! I’m living proof that anyone can achieve their goals. This is not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change focused on breaking bad habits and forming new ones. Start with small, reasonable changes. If you have never worked out before, begin with trying to log 10, 000 steps, drinking 75 ounces of water, and counting your calories. Over time, your workouts will get harder, your diet will get cleaner, and you will get where you want to go.
A Food Scale And Walking 10,000 Steps A Day Helped Me Lose 80 Lbs
, covering fitness, pop culture, sex and relationships, and LGBTQ+ issues. His work has appeared in GQ, Teen Vogue, Man Repeller and MTV, and he is the author of

How This Guy Went All-In and Got Cut in 12 Weeks Indoor Cycling Helped this Guy Lose 200 Pounds Arnold Schwarzenegger's Son Reveals Weight Loss Ethan Suplee Shows Off His 200-Pound Weight Loss
YouTuber MrBeast Shows Off Dramatic
Posting Komentar untuk "Can You Lose Weight Taking 10000 Steps A Day"