Safest Way To Lose Weight Over 50
If you are looking for encouragement, inspiration, and lots of love, you’ve come to the right place! Here are seven powerful tips to lose weight after 50. (For the record, I am 61 now.)
If you are reading this, right now, I’m thinking of YOU. I know how desperate many of you are. Nothing you’ve tried in the past is working and you feel like you have tried everything at this point.

August 2023: I wrote this five years ago. Since that time I have spent hundreds of hours working with women on their own weight loss journey. To read my more up-to-date tips, go read this post too. It has an expanded version of the tips and they are organized to walk you through the process.
How To Lose 50lbs In One Year
And you don’t have to wait until the new year to get started. Research shows that many people gain weight through the holidays and never lose it. Don’t be one of them!
I recommend still reading this post but also be sure and check out the linked posts as well. They include the foundation that you can put into practice now and are better organized.
I wrote this post 5 years ago. In that time, I’ve maintained my weight loss and I’ve gone on to be a life coach for women. After hundreds of hours of working with real women, women who:
Over 50 Fitness: The Best Ways To Lose Weight As A Woman Over 50 By Amy T. David (2015 12 08): Amazon.com: Books
What I know now is that these tips do work. My clients who lose weight, usually incorporate several of these habits over the course of our work together.
Every woman I work with is unique and needs their own blueprint for weight loss, but in general these tips are the foundation and can be very helpful.
This is my most popular post to date, so you will notice it has a lot of information before you get to the original tips. So, now there are many more tips than seven!
Weight Loss For Women Over 50: 7 Simple Foods That Make Me Lose Weight And Look Younger, Healthier & Fitter Ebook
For example, it can take four to six months for the body to respond and there is a lot of mental work that goes into healing your relationship with food and your body. This is important to know!
In most weight loss plans, most women give up within a few days or weeks if they don’t see the scales move. It takes time and consistency to change your body.
I’ve begun to believe you have to convince your body to lose weight by building trust with it. You have to first NOURISH your body.
Hefty Wager: Lose Weight Or Lose Your Money
Without the love and trust in your appetite, food, hunger, and your body–these tips are just another diet and nobody needs that!
Here’s the thing. Most research states that only 5% of people that lose weight will keep it off. The diet industry is the biggest scam out there. If any other business had the same results we would never go for it.
Yet, almost every woman I know or have known, longs for a body that she doesn’t have. Diet’s promise you can have it if only you had enough willpower and discipline.
Rapid Weight Loss Hypnosis For Women + Intermittent Fasting Bible For Women Over 50 + Keto Diet For Beginners
At the bottom of this post, I’ll give you a list of posts that can help with the mental mindset as well as more healthy actions.
I write about weight loss as honestly as I know. I absolutely know you can lose weight without going on a traditional diet.
And you can eat a wide variety of foods. You can eat food you like every single day. In fact, I encourage you to only eat food you like.
Best Weight Loss Program For Women Over 50
I work every day with women who are in pain about their bodies and weight. I am able to help women change destructive eating habits and begin building healthy habits by first helping them build healthy thinking habits.
Being a bigger size is not unhealthy if you eat in a healthy way. Starving yourself, binging, and other destructive eating habits are much worse for your health.

I first wrote this post about four years ago. I still do these things as part of my daily life. However, I know that WHAT we do is only part of the equation. The thoughts and feelings that we have about ourselves are also powerful.
How To Lose Weight Healthily
As a life coach I know that you can know all the things and not be able to do it. I also know that many women secretly overeat or binge and that just trying to change what you eat will not help.
You may feel like food controls you. You might feel like you can never stop over-eating or binging. Learning to have a better relationship with food is the first step.
If you are currently over-eating and/or binging, then I would start with the mindset posts I mention and link to at the bottom of the post.
The Best Way To Lose Weight After 50
If you feel like you don’t overeat and you still can’t lose weight, then some of these ideas may be helpful as they have been with me. They aren’t intended to be medical advice or the only way to lose weight.
I teach women over 50 how to stop overeating and start living a life they love now. It is possible to make peace with food, your body, and all your relationships with life coaching. Link to a free consult at the end of the post. Sara
This grandmother is 60 now and loving it. I feel better about my weight and body than I ever did when I was younger.
Best Weight Loss Supplements For Women Over 50 [2023 Update]
Most of the advice out there tells you to create a “calorie deficit” to lose weight. Strictly speaking, this is not always true.
The types of food you eat and your timing DO matter for many of us. After age 50, we can’t depend on our old diet tactics of starving ourselves or working out extra hard.
![]()
And restricting food is the worst way to try and lose weight. Restricting only perpetuates the cycle of overeating/binging and then restricting.
How To Safely Lose Excess Weight After 50: Deborah D Viglione, Md: Integrative And Internal Medicine Physician
Restricted calories and eating are what lead to binging and overeating. I recently wrote a post about how to lose weight without dieting that goes into more detail about that.
That old tired advice, that is often just regurgitated over and over is USELESS. You do not need to diet or count calories. You don’t need one other person telling you to create a calorie deficit!
I get it. These types of articles promise a quick fix–but they are not sustainable and they don’t address the whole you.
How To Lose 50 Pounds Or More: The Path To Transformative Weight Loss
I am a certified life and weight loss coach and I’ve been writing for midlife women for years. If there is one area where women consistently beat themselves up about–it’s their body and the food they eat.
I’m not going to add to that! You are already doing enough of that. I want you to delve deeper and really discover how beautiful you can look and feel. From the inside out!
I am 60 and I’m more comfortable in my body than I was in my thirties. Back in my thirties, I wouldn’t even put on a bathing suit! Now I can enjoy pool time with my kids and grandkids.
What It's Like To Lose 50 Pounds
Focusing on eating foods that are actually good for you makes all the difference. Some of the benefits of eating to nourish your body are that you skin looks better and your body feels better.
But here’s something else. You can eat foods that YOU like and enjoy and still lose weight. My clients plan for treats that they love and they have said bye-bye to any guilt.

Going on a diet without resolving your relationship with your body, the food you eat, and how you eat is just going to lead to more frustration!
Weight Loss Workouts For Men Over 50
If you only diet without changing your brain around food, weight, and your body–you will not be able to maintain the weight loss.
“I am 65 and have followed your guidelines of cutting sugar, walking daily and eating healthy for several months. I have dropped 25 lbs and feel better than I had in years. It’s a mindset and worth every minute of my life to feel this good.”
I wrote this post and all the posts on losing weight after 50, to help you discover a better way to not just lose weight but to regain your health and vitality in this part of your life!
Best Types Of Exercises To Lose Belly Fat After 50 (according To A Dpt)
We all grew up with the low calorie, low-fat, suffer to do it, diet mentality. That way never was effective and research now shows it is detrimental to health too.
Eating is one of our most basic needs and is meant to nourish us, give us energy, and make us feel good.
My goal is to show you that you can eat real food, enjoy that food, and be a weight that you feel good at.
Best Ways To Lose Weight After 50, According To Experts
I also want you to enjoy the life you have right now. There isn’t another amazing life later–it MUST start right now!
Losing weight isn’t going to solve your problems or make your life wonderful. But the process of losing weight can teach you a lot!

Being comfortable in your body is way more than your size. Diets don’t work–because even if you lose weight, you still have to deal with everything else in your life.
Over 50 Fitness: The Best Ways To Lose Weight As A Woman Over 50: David, Amy T.: 9781519687074: Amazon.com: Books
I’ve been at a size I like for five years–and I still
Posting Komentar untuk "Safest Way To Lose Weight Over 50"