Lose Weight Podcast
Follow me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Pinterest! Follow me on Instagram! Follow me on YouTube! Contact Cart
Emotional health to lose weight? Hear me out! I'm explaining this concept in detail in today's Dish On Ditching Diets podcast episode and will illustrate for you with several client examples why you must prioritize your emotional health to lose weight for good.
Many of my clients believe they are not emotional eaters because most of think about emotional eating and think of a woman sobbing and overeating food. For the majority of women I work, the emotional eating is not very obvious.
Lemon Coffee To Lose Weight? Slim Chance
Instead emotional eating more likely for you looks like skipping meals, not taking physical care of yourself, people pleasing and putting your job and others first, perfectionist tendencies, rewarding yourself after work, grabbing random foods throughout the day, using food and alcohol to relax at night, eating food because it's how you experience joy.
When women over 35 come talk to me in a free consultation about coaching, they always tell me being healthy is the most important thing to them.
They believe they will like themselves better, say better things to themselves, be nicer to themselves, be more confident and feel happier.
How To Lose Weight With Hypothyroidism
All of this is BS because if you really believed being healthy was the most important thing to you on the planet then in the moment where you're faced with instant gratification with food and alcohol, you wouldn't give into that.
But the majority of women do give into the instant gratification and then they believe something is wrong with them and they can't lose weight.
Many of my clients are truly confused about why they are not losing weight because they are not realizing that they are giving into instant gratification.
The Yummy Mummy Podcast — Laura Conley
In the moment, you think it's a good idea like you're doing yourself the biggest favor to eat or drink, but you're not aware of your emotional status and that what you're doing is actually self-indulgence.
In my coaching, I bring up my clients emotional baggage with food journaling. It helps me see and clients see what they are eating and why they are doing it. I'm prioritizing their emotional health (and mindset) so they can lose weight.
Most women are attempting to lose weight FIRST before addressing their emotional health. What I'm telling you is that it needs to be the reverse. You must prioritize your emotional health BEFORE you lose weight.
How To Lose Weight For The Last Time
The beautiful thing is when you do prioritize your emotional health, you begin feeling better about yourself emotionally and naturally you begin taking better physical care of yourself.
There's no more forcing yourself to change your eating behavior because if you only change what you eat, take away food or follow a meal plan, you will only do it temporarily because you never addressed why you were overeating in the first place.
The food is not the real problem why women overeat. It's the emotional landscape and mindset that is driving the behavior with food that leads to weight gain.
The Weight Loss Podcast
It's so important to address emotional health first so you can achieve lasting weight loss and I see this happen for so many of my clients.

More details on this and client examples to illustrate how emotional health drives behavior with food in the podcast episode. I hope you enjoy it!
Hello friends! Today I want to talk to you about why you must prioritize emotional health to lose weight. Now I realize some of you believe you just have a weight problem.
The Weight Loss Podcast Classroom
Or some of you believe you are not an emotional eater. Most of us when we hear emotional health in relation to food, we think about a woman sobbing eating a bag of chips or a bucket of ice cream. But that’s not what I’m exactly referring to.
Here’s a few examples of what I mean by emotional health, and it’s all tied into the mindset work that I do with my clients. Let’s say you’re a people pleaser and you always put everyone else first.
You always come last. You’re a people pleaser and neglecting your needs or maybe you’re a perfectionist and get angry at yourself for not meeting your own expectations. That’s emotional health. Let’s say you’re busy and stressed all the time and fuel your body inconsistently. Not taking care of yourself and prioritizing others things is emotional health.
The Confident Body Podcast
Let’s say you come home from work, and you tell yourself you’ve been so good quote-on-quote all day and you eat food or drink alcohol to reward yourself. Let’s say you drink alcohol or eat non-fuel food after dinner because you tell yourself you want to relax, and this is how you relax so you can sleep.
Let’s say you tell yourself you must feel full to be satisfied or that food brings you joy. That’s all part of your emotional landscape and those are just a few examples, but those some of the common ones I see with my clients.

Now, here’s what I hear a lot from women over 35 who do free consultations with me. 99% of them tell me that the reason they need to lose their weight is because they want to be more healthy and it sounds good, I know. And especially, with the age group that I work with.
Podcast And Chill' Cohost Sol Phenduka Shares Why He Decided To Lose Weight: “health Is Wealth”
Women over 35 who have 20-50 or more pounds to lose. Many of these women have children and grandchildren or loved ones they care for and partners. They see themselves getting older. They see their loved ones aging and dealing with health conditions.
I get it, my Dad had a heart attack when he was 36 and was diagnosed with early onset dementia in his early 60’s. So I get it, health seems like it should be more of a priority.
But this is what I want to tell you that I know for sure. It is not very compelling when it comes down to fueling your body with nutrient dense food, dealing with urges around food, dealing with your day-to-day stresses of life and having foods in front of you and knowing what to do with them.
Podcast Episodes — Beating Diabetes Lifestyle
Instant gratification comes up for you, your brain immediately goes crazy wants that gratification and to you, giving into that instant gratification seems like the easiest thing for you to do and then you think you don’t have control and what you tell me you want more than anything else is you just want to be healthy.
In a way, it’s BS. I’m not going to say the whole word. But it’s really BS because you don’t really buy it that the most important thing for you is to be healthy because if you really did buy into that you wanted health and it was the most important thing for you, you would not be listening to me right now and you would not be on the phone having a consultation with me.
I talked about your WHY and why your why isn’t good enough in episode 42. If you haven’t listened to that episode, I highly recommend you go back and listen to it.

How The Heck Does Anyone Lose Weight Without Dieting?
Because what I really want you to think about is what do you really really want? What is compelling? And I’ll give you a few hints here – if you’re saying I don’t want to have high cholesterol. I don’t want to be on medications.
That is the same as saying I want to be healthy and it’s not very compelling. It’s also not compelling saying I don’t want something. I don’t want to have sore joints. I don’t want to struggle fitting into clothes.
I don’t want to be afraid to see myself in pictures. I don’t want, I don’t want, I don’t want. Telling yourself what you don’t want isn’t compelling. Tell yourself what you DO want!
Weight Loss Podcasts That Might Actually Change Your Life
This is what I want to explain to you about the process I use with my clients focusing on their mindset which I already mentioned to you includes that emotional health and why I think it is successful with my clients.
It’s because what I really offer in this process is emotional health first. I think every woman coming to me is trying to achieve weight loss first. They think when I lose the weight and then I’m quote-on-quote healthy, then I’ll feel emotionally better.
I’ll like myself better, I’ll say better things to myself, I’ll finally love myself, I’ll feel more confident, I’ll feel happier. You believe those emotions will come AFTER the physical weight loss which you believe is where your health is going to come from.
Get Healthy Lose Weight Podcast On Stitcher
None of that is true because if it were true why did you gain weight back the last time you lost it? Think about this…if you loved yourself more, felt more confident, felt better, and said better things to yourself why the last time you lost weight did you gain it back?

Because you did it backwards. You focused on losing weight only and ignored the emotional or mindset piece. You didn’t really take the time upfront to understand why you were overweight in the first place.
Like why weren’t you prioritizing
Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight Podcast"