Safely Losing Weight While Breastfeeding
Inside: Is it really possible to lose weight while breastfeeding without affecting your milk supply? All I can tell you is my own story – how I combined Trim Healthy Mama and MommaStrong to lose forty pounds over the course of a year after giving birth. And I did it while successfully breastfeeding, too.
Dieting, exercise and losing the baby weight are some of my least favorite things to talk about because of how sensitive these topics can be.

But so many have asked me how I lost the baby weight (while breastfeeding), that I knew it was time to share my postpartum weight loss journey.
Real Ways To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. YOU CAN READ OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICYHERE.
All I can think about is how big my legs look, how flabby my tummy is under HIS shirt because mine are still too small, and how badly I want to “get my body back.”
The before and after pictures that I saw showed women that had lost all of their baby weight by 2 weeks postpartum, some had abs just weeks after birth, some had sculpted bods just a couple of months postpartum.
Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
If I could go back in time, I’d tell myself to be gentle on my new body. Speak about it with love.
Now, I love my body… most days. I love to eat well. And I love to fit in daily intentional movement (
Trim Healthy Mama is a weight loss plan that focuses on separating fats and carbs in each meal while eliminating foods that spike blood sugar.
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding (2023 Guide)
Trim Healthy Mama is a way of eating that allows you to focus on the deliciousness of many different food groups while losing weight. Kenzie Wright
This section contains a lot of Trim Healthy Mama shorthand notation, which is Greek to you if you haven’t read the book.
(FP) – “Fuel & Pull” = These meals are largely made up of lean proteins, with not a lot of fats or carbs. You can also add “freebies” like berries or spices or certain vegetables to these meals.
Tips For Losing Weight While Breastfeeding
(XO) – “Crossover” = These meals combine proteins, carbs, and fats together. They’re healthy, but don’t help as much with losing weight.
I did my best to keep my meals simple. Because when you’re breastfeeding a baby around the clock, who has time for complicated?
Rotate through these same meals for a while so that you don’t get overwhelmed by meal planning and learning a new way of eating.
Losing Weight With Macros Without Losing Your Milk Supply: A Guide For Feeding New Moms
Eating every 3-4 hours revs your metabolism, stabilizes blood sugar levels and gives your body the nutrition it needs to produce milk.
Alright, so everybody and their aunt know that the kind souls that bring you meals after having a baby are not focused on Trim Healthy Mama ideals like you are.
They’re gonna be bringing pasta dishes, bread, more pasta, and things made with cheese. With nary a vegetable in sight… unless you count pre-made salad kits that you’ll get tired of eating after the first few meals (true story).
Ways To Lose Weight While Breast Feeding Without Losing Milk Supply
My advice? Accept the meals and just be glad about it. This is such a short time that you’ll be needing these meals – enjoy them!
Control it and have the capacity to make that choice. Please, do not beat yourself up about eating “off plan” foods when you’ve *just* had a baby. Okay?
At my 6-week postpartum checkup, my midwife told me two things. “You have diastasis recti and your pelvic floor is really weak.” Then, she basically told me that there are great resources online to help with both of those things.
Tdee And Macro Calculations For Pregnant Or Breastfeeding Women
(Girl: your grew a baby, you birthed a baby – anyone who tries to sell you on getting your body back to EXACTLY the way it was is lying to you.)

The message of MommaStrong is very much so “you can do hard things”, “working out is hard as a mom but it’s worth it for self care”, “you’re doing the best you can and that is enough”.
Courtney works to help you correct (in a safe and educational way) your pelvic floor issues and develop a plan for daily pelvic floor care.
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding Without Affecting Your Milk Supply
She is a mom. She goes through stuff. She doesn’t have time to exercise just like the rest of us. She just gets us new moms.
For the last 9 years, she has worked exclusively with pre- and postnatal women. Her focus: help women to truly re-integrate their core, nervous system, and biomechanical performance after childbirth.
You can actually ask Courtney (or other MommaStrongers) questions or address issues online. The great news is that she will reply!! And more than that, she cares about your specific needs.
Tips To Help You Lose Weight Safely While Breastfeeding
Daily emails that are written by other MommaStrong members to encourage you in your daily motherhood and strive towards self care and health.
There are a collection of 5 minute hacks so that real life doesn’t stand in the way of your strength. A few 5 Min Hack titles: “I don’t wanna”, “Tummy troubles”, “Babywearing #1”, and “Sleep deprived.”
First, hop back up to read more about how Trim Healthy Mama and MommaStrong helped me to find my trim and gain total body strength (
Can't Lose Weight While Breastfeeding? (3 Reasons Why)
Think of it like this; if you were seeking comfort and wanting to be held close, which would you prefer? Hugging someone with hard muscles and bumpy bones or someone with a body that envelopes you with love and coziness.
Most Keto people say to limit which vegetables you eat and how much you can have per day. Fruits other than berries are also a big no-no on a ketogenic diet.

Scientifically speaking, fruits and vegetables are where we get most of our vitamin C. If you’re not getting enough fruits and veggies, you won’t have enough vitamin C to shed weight.
Effective Tips To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
So, long-term you’re going to slow your metabolism and start running into other health issues that come from inadequate levels of vitamin C.
Keto’s main objective is to remove any and all carbs at all times to stay in a fat burning zone. For any individual (pregnant/nursing/postpartum or not), that is detrimental to maintaining a healthy metabolism.
When I look through the list of limited foods on the Keto diet, I see many of the foods that are encouraged for a healthy milk supply.
Best Tips On Losing Weight While Breastfeeding: Tips For Losing Your Weight Ebook
If you are wanting to maintain a decent milk supply and lose weight while breastfeeding, the Keto diet is not going to help you with either of those goals long-term.
During my postpartum weight loss journey, I would often remind myself that it took 9 months to make my baby and so I will give my body at least 9 months to lose baby weight.
Weighing myself on a scale wasn’t a healthy option for me to keep track of my progress. I found myself stressing about numbers, rather than noticing how strong I was getting or how I was feeling.
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding: 7 Safe & Healthy Ways 2023
(This post originally appeared on A Sip of Truth and has since been moved to a new site! Hence the old URL on the images.)
Love your body now. Your baby does. Don’t wait until you are x amount of pounds – I promise you, it is a choice to love your body at any weight/size.
Do your best to follow Trim Healthy Mama to nourish your body and allow it the time to drop the weight (9 Months On/9 Months Off).

Why Can't I Lose Weight While Breastfeeding? 5 Reason Why 2023
Kenzie lives with her husband and daughter in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. She’s wrestled with infertility, survived a miscarriage, and is overjoyed to finally be a mama to her sweet baby girl she thought she’d never have. She especially loves helping moms who have had miscarriages find hope after loss.Here are the best tips on how to lose weight while breastfeeding without losing your supply and how I lost 35 pounds following the Noom program!
When I stepped on the scale at the doctor’s office, I would just close my eyes, as if turning a literal blind eye to my weight gain would make it all magically disappear.
But deep down I knew I weighed more than I ever had because I started that pregnancy bigger than I had ever been.
How Can I Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
At my six-week postpartum appointment, I had lost 20 pounds and weighed 205, but I still had another 35 pounds that I wanted to lose.
I had tried so many different weight loss methods in the past, and none of them worked long term. So I decided to try something completely different.
If you want to lose weight while breastfeeding without killing yourself in the gym with an unrealistic exercise program, buying special diet food, or losing your milk supply then follow the tips below:
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding: 9 Tips For Postpartum Moms
But here is where Noom is different: They provide short, interactive articles every day that change your relationship with food and how you handle stress, negative emotions, and setbacks.
The articles made the biggest difference for me in my weight loss journey this time. I learned that I don’t have to give up the foods I love to lose weight and I can eat treats, as long as I stay within my calorie limit for the day.
When I hit plateaus in my weight loss journey (which I did)
Posting Komentar untuk "Safely Losing Weight While Breastfeeding"