Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Losing Weight While Backpacking Asia

Losing Weight While Backpacking Asia

Like most girls who don't work out all winter (or ever), when I was preparing for my first Southeast Asia trip, suddenly I realized that I needed to lose about 20 pounds in less than three weeks -- A VERY REALISTIC AND HEALTHY GOAL.

Instead of doing anything productive towards this goal, I didn't change any of my eating or drinking habits and spent about 4 hours a day on ASOS.com ordering swimsuits in the weeks leading up to my trip. Little did I know that by the time I left Southeast Asia, I would be the skinniest I had been since I was in college.

-

So, if you're like me (lazy as shit) and worried about being in a swimsuit for two weeks, don't you fret! Here are the reasons you'll most likely lose weight while you're traveling around Southeast Asia.

What I Lost Hiking The Appalachian Trail

If you thought the NYC subway in July during rush hour was the sweatiest you would ever be in a public setting, THINK AGAIN. Southeast Asia during March & April is between 75-90 degrees Fahrenheit and it's humid as shit.For as much water and beer as I drank, I assume I lost about five pounds in sweat weight alone. I am single.

Since I am sedentary most of the week at my job, doing any sort of active movement was rough on my body. Turns out, most shrines and temples you want to visit are NOT on ground level but are in fact up a torturous amount of stairs. This, of course, resulted in more calorie burning and sweating than I'm used to. No amount of 8-Minute Buns will prepare you for this hell. BUT WHAT A GREAT WORKOUT! You'll feel so thin after.

It may have taken up until the last country of our trip, but once I hit Thailand, I finally got the food poisoning I knew I was destined for. I blame the poisonous Mai Tai I drank on Railay Beach. While Helen and Lauren were out day drinking at our resort, I was trying to sleep away the stomach pains that kept me bedridden. But after leaning over the toilet puking out my insides for 10 minutes while Helen was taking a shower, I felt so skinny and my ab muscles were burning more than after any other workout I'd done before!

Hiking For Weight Loss: The Fun Way To Burn Fat And Transform Your Body — Miss Adventure Pants

It should also be mentioned that the small beaches in Thailand were NOT made for the amount of tourism that currently overruns the islands and neither was their sewage system. Most of the islands smell like poo. And in case you were wondering why:

No matter how much garbage food you eat in your day to day life, nothing will prepare your digestive system for the unfamiliar street meats you'll consume in Asia. I had a non-stop case of traveler's diarrhea from the moment I landed in Vietnam until about a week after I got back to the States. And, as it turns out, shitting out every meal 20 minutes after you eat it is GREAT for fitting into your one-size-too-small jean shorts!! Not so great for your butthole, though.

While I was constantly squatting over Asian floor toilets after every meal expelling demons from my bhole, my travel companions weren't as lucky. Helen and Lauren were blocked up from Vietnam, and by the time we reached Cambodia, had gone days without pooping. Not only can you grab Tramadol, a Xanax knockoff that's legal in Cambodia, over the counter, but you can also grab some questionable laxatives. Helen and Lauren had reached this point in constipation.

On Gaining Weight On The Road

Having an open-air bungalow with no bathroom doors in Cambodia was a great time for all three of us to have coinciding diarrhea.

With the combination of the heat, foreign food (samples above), physical exercise, and the parasite I probably had, by the time we got to our final stop in Bangkok, I had lost more weight in less time than any bullshit Instagram tea could have helped with. I hope someday to be that skinny again but until then, I'll keep trying to buy parasites off of the dark web.Thailand is considered as one of South East Asia’s jewels, heavily endowed with beautiful beaches, thick rainforests and magnificent wildlife. This is one of those locations to visit that will give you deeper insights into the struggles of sustaining the past heritage with the beckoning of a booming economy.

, never ceases to amaze especially with its continuously expanding cities and natural landscapes right from the waterfalls of Chiang Rai to the Northern Jungles of Chiang Mai.

Why

Before & After Traveling Se Asia For 2 Months!

Among other activities, Thailand is also an awesome destination for those seeking to go on weight loss holidays since the destination is full of activities that will help you on your weight loss journey.

Travelling to Thailand is tempting since the local cuisines will have you feeling like stuffing your face with these local delicacies. However, if you are on seeking to have one of those weight loss holidays, then Thailand is a perfect destination. This article has compiled 5 simple tips to get you started on your weight loss journey in Thailand.

There are numerous activities to do in Thailand and in different places you can visit. The best way to kick start your weight loss journey is ensuring that you take a walk to the tourist attractions instead of taking a bus. Walk to the street stalls, markets or restaurants to experience Thai culture.

Backpacking Asia Travel Tips

This includes eating lots of fruits, drinking lots of water and avoiding to eat all the rice. Thailand is in rich supply of fruits at affordable prices for you to take advantage of. Since the country is generally hot, you must ensure that you drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Hydration is key to weight loss. Eating just a smaller portion of rice will ensure that you only eat a smaller quantity of carbohydrates.

You can choose to hike the southern spectacular national parks while exploring the dense rainforest punctuated by waterfalls, karst peaks and emerald lakes. Hiking helps you in weight loss among other benefits like improving your balance, strengthening your core and lowering heart disease risk.

-

Drinking tea, especially green tea that you will find in Thailand is great for keeping your body healthy. Drinking tea and pairing it with exercises will help you lose some weight. 

Packing List For Southeast Asia: Your Ultimate Packing Checklist!

Find yourself some weight loss programs around Thailand that will give you some unique fitness regimen to help you with your weight loss endeavour.

Thailand is one of the best weight loss holidays camps that will give you some of the best weight loss programs to help in your weight loss journey while travelling. They will go a long way in helping you increase your fitness and lose a few pounds while teaching you some vital healthy habits.

This is a nice spot to go on cycling expeditions instead of enjoying or motorcycle rides. The mountains around too are great locations for going hill climbing or hiking for about 90 minutes every day to help you with your weight-loss objective while travelling.

Why I Always Lose Weight When I Travel

This location is particularly endowed with fresh fruits, seafood and veggies all which are great ingredients for weight loss. Furthermore, you can go on adventures through the Phi Phi Islands or the Phang Nga Bay. These places are naturally designed for hiking and kayaking, all o which will help you burn some excess fat.

-

This is a fun place to visit to have fun while losing weight. There are lots of activities here like jungle hikes, beach circuits, yoga and Muay Thai sessions in almost every location. It is upon you to try what you feel works for you.

The local in Bangkok is big on running, giving you a chance to join in the culture to help you keep fit. The location has a number of popular fitness trends that will offer you a diverse range of workouts. There are a number of cycling parks for you to grab a bike and get on the tracks. All these activities are tailored to help you lose some weight.

The Complete Backpacking Packing List

It is important to know that there is no such thing as the best weight loss camp but it is important to know that the right weight loss camp is one that meets your individual needs and accommodates your lifestyle. Therefore, while travelling to Thailand, you can consider some of the following tips to help you in finding the right camp:

Find out what other people are saying about the camps you have in mind before committing yourself. This will give you a broad picture of what to expect.

It would be challenging to find a camp with tailored programs for you but you can look out for camps that offer something similar or close to what you are looking to achieve. It is not good to assume.

-

The Ultimate Southeast Asia Packing List For Female Travelers

Look at what you are aiming to achieve and your current fitness level and decide whether the program is personalised for your current state. Find out if you can comfortably participate in their programs and if their equipment and staff are personalised for different visitors.

Find out what the program covers and at

Posting Komentar untuk "Losing Weight While Backpacking Asia"