Lose Weight In Perimenopause
If you are in peri-menopause or full blown menopause then you understand what a challenge it can be to lose weight during this time of life. You know that all the normal things you do to lose weight, like cutting out sugar and bread and exercising more, are no longer working. You feel like you losing the battle and you can’t understand why. Your body feels almost alien… like you don’t have control over it anymore. No one seems to know anything about this… not even your doctor who likely gives you the old, “
1) Declining estrogen means you store visceral fat around your stomach. Hence the spare tire that magically appears. I could no longer button my jeans (

Everyone is different and everyone has different symptoms and issues. There are 35 symptoms of menopause…everything from hot flashes to weight gain to heart palpitations. I’m going to walk you through MY journey. This is what worked for me. You should always consult your doctor before taking anything and make sure you get a plan that will work best for you and your body.
Ways To Lose Weight During Menopause
The first thing I did was schedule an appointment to see a hormone specialist who recommended a TON of bloodwork to get a full and complete picture. This is how I found out I also have mild hypothyroidism which leads to weight gain as well.
Hormone replacement therapy is NOT for everyone. You should consult with your doctor about the risks. It is especially risky for women who have had cancer or are at risk genetically of getting cancer.
I take Liothyronine for my thyroid, Progesterone and Estrogen are the two hormones that I take. Progesertone is a compounded hormone that I take orally once daily. Estrogen is administered by patch and I apply a new patch once a week.
Easy Weight Loss After 40
There are some other things you can take to help with the symptoms you are experiencing and keep you healthy. Talk to your doctor about Vitamin D, Omega 3, B-Complex, Adrenal Essence, Evening Primrose Oil, etc. For a full list of supplements that help with the symptoms of menopause be sure to read this post.
Again, consult with your doctor first. You may even want to hire a nutritionist who specializes in menopausal women. If you hire a “regular” nutritionist, you might hear the same “eat less” mantra.
In the past, I have tried Intermittent Fasting, KETO, and of course my normal go-to of giving up sugar and carbs. IF (Intermittent Fasting) didn’t move the needle. I got really tired of the KETO foods after three months, which you can read more about here. And, my typical go-to’s were no longer working as I mentioned above.
Weight Loss Plans For Women Over 40
To lose my 15 pounds I gave up a TON of things. I basically became vegan with the exception of eggs. I ditched sugar, gluten, dairy, meat and alcohol. I followed the plant-based, vegan diet for 6 months and that helped me lose 10 pounds.
Recently, I started incorporating meat back into my diet. I am still mostly dairy and gluten-free. I definitely indulge in some sugar every now and then. I opt for organic, dark chocolate mostly. And, I love the Daily Harvest dairy-free ice cream here.
Mixing up my exercise routine was also KEY to losing the extra weight. Initially, I tried all the ‘go-to’ workouts including: running for a year straight (
![]()
Tips For Avoiding The Dreaded Menopausal Weight Gain
A 17-mile mountain pass run/hike, some heavy weight training, P.Volve, BBG, Pilates, Barre. You name it, I did it! The heavy cardio worked, but it was not sustainable and it wreaked havoc on my body.
How I actually lost the last 5 pounds…? Doing the Tracy Anderson Method 6 times per week. I do Tracy’s aTAin online studio workout at least 5x per week now. It changes the game! Look at my legs in the before and after pictures above. You can see how much thinner my legs are! You can also see what my estrogen patch looks like… Ha! I could have edited that out, but I thought it might be helpful to see it. Tracy’s workouts have shaved inches off my body and given me more energy and flexibility. I recommend turning her music off and listening to your own playlist while doing the workout. I think you should also start with the Mat DVD, which is FREE on YouTube to see if you like it. Try it for 6 weeks!
Did I get super shredded like a badass fitness guru with zero body fat? Nope. But I feel SO much healthier and stronger! To me…that is what matters. Oh, and I can button my jeans again!
Weight Loss During Menopause: Why Cardio And Calorie Counting Won't Help, Here's What You Need To Do
If something IS working for you, it is likely to work for someone else. PLEASE share your tips with us in the comments below. Are you doing Intermittent Fasting and losing weight that way? Have you been on KETO for a year and found great success?? Please share below.
If you liked this post, please share it using the buttons below! And don’t forget that you can get blog posts, delivered directly to your inbox, along with some incredible style resources, be sure to sign up for my newsletter here. Thanks for stopping by!

Erin Busbee of Busbee Style is proud to lead a community of well over one-million vibrant women over 40. Through her platforms, Erin shares a unique inside / out approach to her style, fashion & beauty content, honoring the natural power, radiance, and beauty within. Erin believes that life over 40 is one of the best times of your lives…a Midlife Awakening!
Best 9 Foods For Healthy Weight Loss During Menopause
Sign up and you instantly receive… FREE Wardrobe Basics Checklists, Closet Editing & Organizing Checklists, Zoom Call Tips, Capsule Wardrobe Shopping Suggestions and a Lookbook of outfit ideas! You can download and print all of these.Perimenopause is a time in a woman's life where she may begin to gain more weight than ever before. Both age and the transition of menopause work together to affect a woman's weight at this point in her life. While it can be frustrating, there are a number of ways to begin to lose that weight. Read on to learn about the steps to lose weight during perimenopause.
The first step is to decide if you need to lose weight at all. Our culture can sometimes convince us that our bodies need changing even when they don't. It can be useful during this step to talk to a doctor or other health care provider for insight on what a healthy weight is likely to be for you. Some women may not progress beyond this step because their weight is within a healthy range, but for those that need to lose some weight, this is the time to set specific goals.
Next, you need to decide how much weight you want to lose, and in how much time you plan to achieve this weight loss. This is your biggest, overall goal, but it is a good idea to set smaller goals along the way. Plan to have a certain amount of weight lost by a certain time, for instance.
The Truth About Menopause And Weight Gain
Keep in mind that your goals should be specific, realistic, and forgiving. Setting a goal you can't reach is certain to lead to failure. Also, remember that many people experience setbacks every once in a while, so be prepared to forgive yourself for a slip and to keep moving forward rather than giving up entirely.

It is important to figure out the ways you plan on losing weight. While all the most effective weight loss plans focus on both diet and exercise, people may place different emphasis on different factors. You can try out different types of exercises to decide what you like best, or investigate new healthy recipes. You can even look into weight loss programs.
Also look for people and groups that can help to support you during your weight loss process. Studies have shown that people who spend time with friends who exercise and eat healthier are themselves more likely to exercise and eat healthy foods. Additionally, having support can help you during a setback.
Perimenopause, Why Am I Gaining Weight?
Be sure to pay attention to how well you're meeting your goals. If you're struggling with something, think about changing it to make it something you can achieve - you should always start small and work up to the biggest changes.
If you're making the progress you want, don't forget to reward yourself! Rewards that involve food are usually a bad idea, but you can splurge on a new outfit or gadget that you've been wanting for a while.
With these four steps to lose weight, you'll be able to keep off the extra pounds as your body transitions during menopause. To learn more about weight loss, read about thebestways to lose weight without dieting.

Women Who Successfully Lost Weight After Menopause
Discover where those extra pounds come from during menopause, and discover lifestyle and diets tips ideal for losing weight, and keeping it that way.
Weight gain does not have to be an inevitable or permanent part of aging. Click here to learn how to lose weight and live healthily in postmenopause.Menopause refers to the change in a woman’s life when her menstrual
Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight In Perimenopause"