Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Didn'T Lose Weight First Week Slimming World

Didn'T Lose Weight First Week Slimming World

New research into more than 1 million slimmers shows that the more weight you lose in your first week, the more likely you are to do well on your weight-loss journey in the longer term.

The research, which examined one of the largest-ever datasets of slimming club members in the UK and Ireland*, found that those who lost more weight in their first seven days after joining a weight-loss group went on to lose more over three months – with t he top 50% of slimmers, based on their first week’s weight loss, losing 5lbs on average within their first week .

How

The findings show that losing more weight in the first week of a weight-loss journey is a strong predictor of how successful a slimmer will be in the longer term.

Bedford Mum Who Was Told She Would Need A Wheelchair If She Didn't Lose Weight Sheds Three Stone

Significant weight losses are often associated with ‘quick fix’ diets or restrictive, faddy plans, however we can see from our research that it is possible to see big results on the scales by following a healthy, balanced eating plan.

Data analysis shows that slimmers who lost 5lbs or more in their first seven days were four times more likely to lose 10% of their body weight within three months and that men are twice as likely to see weight drop off in their first week. The findings also reveal people aged 55 and over were the most successful at losing weight over a longer period, with just over half (52%) losing at least 5% of their body weight in three months.

According to the data, the average slimmer joining a weight-loss group has a BMI of 33kg/m 2 , putting them in the ‘obese’ range and at increased risk of health problems including more serious outcomes from Covid-19. The research showed almost half (46%) of those with a BMI of 30 or over lost 5% of their body weight within their first three months of following a healthy eating plan. A weight loss of 5% or more is considered clinically significant and can lead to health benefits, such as improvements in blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

Woman Loses 149lbs In A Year With Slimming World Still Eating What She Wants

Dr Sarah-Elizabeth Bennett , Slimming World’s Senior Research Associate, says: “Many factors influence whether or not a slimmer achieves their weight-loss goals. This data shows us that one of the biggest predictors of success is a strong weight loss in the first week as those who lost 5lbs or more in their first seven days were four times more likely to go on to lose 10% of their body weight within three months. Significant weight losses are often associated with ‘quick fix’ diets or restrictive, faddy plans, however we can see from our research that it is possible to see big results on the scales by following a healthy, balanced eating plan. At Slimming World we know many new members are astonished by the results on the scales in week one as they can’t believe they’ve been able to lose so much weight by making simple, easy changes to how they shop, cook and eat, while still enjoying a satisfying, healthy and varied diet.

“There are several key factors which influence a good first week – an understanding of how to make changes that can work for you, a healthy eating plan that’s easy to live with and a realisation you’re not alone. Feeling confident that you can go and get started on your new healthy eating plan straightaway and having support throughout the week if you feel your motivation is waning are also key. Slimming World’s expert support recognises all these things and every member who walks through the doors of any of our groups receives a warm welcome, an introduction to our Food Optimising eating plan and why it is so very different to other weight-loss diets, and an understanding of how to confidently get started and overcome past barriers to success. They hear what their fellow members have achieved, and share advice and strategies for coping with setbacks, so they leave inspired and motivated to make changes themselves. This new understanding, and a growing sense of determination and self-belief is cemented when members return to group the following week with a great weight loss without having felt hungry or deprived.”

What’s interesting about this research is it shows the benefit of seeing tangible results early on, giving you a psychological boost. You suddenly realise, ‘I can do this!’.

I Lost 13lbs In My First Week! Now I've Lost More Than 12st And Reversed My Type 2 Diabetes'

Changes members made within a few weeks of their membership include having less takeaways, cooking from scratch more frequently and eating fatty and sugary foods significantly less often than before joining**.

-

The research of 1.1 million members also showed the value of losing weight as part of a group, with those who attend their weekly slimming club more regularly (at least 75% of sessions) losing more weight, achieving 7.7% weight loss (15.4lbs) in their first three months and 14% weight loss or 31lbs on average over the course of a year. Many lose a lot more – based on their weight loss over a year, the top 10, 000 slimmers attend an average of 45 sessions in 12 months losing 30% of their body weight which equates to around 5st each.

“What’s interesting about this research is it shows the benefit of seeing tangible results early on, giving you a psychological boost. You suddenly realise, ‘I can do this!’. Getting that immediate sense of achievement is incredibly powerful as it shows you have the ability to change your narrative, so if in the past you’ve felt defined by your failure to lose weight, that reality is very quickly rewritten. This all stands you in good stead for the longer term too, because inevitably you’ll face challenges and bumps in the road, but deep down you know you can lose weight because you’ve seen the results on the scales before.

I Lost 7 Stone By Thinking Myself Thin

“There is no doubt 2020 blind-sided us all. None of us saw it coming and that feeling of uncertainty is, sadly, still with us. Many of us are as eager to get a sense of control as we are a sense of normality and embracing change and thinking ‘what can I take responsibility for?’, ‘how can I adapt and change?’ allows you to re-establish your own safety and security.

“That’s where support can be crucial - when other people see the changes you are making and your achievements, it can feel more real. As human beings we’re social creatures and the simple act of speaking to others and being able to feel other people know what you’re going through and hearing they’ve experienced the same challenges can also be so uplifting”.

If

*Data relates to 1.1 million Slimming World members who first joined group between January and December 2016. The research followed their progress for 12 months through to December 2017.

How To Work Out Your Daily Calorie Goal For Weight Loss

** Slimming World’s Health and Wellbeing study is an on-going research project. Reported findings are from an evaluation of 545 members polled in November 2019 and February 2020 examining health-related behaviour changes made within a few weeks of joining and 3-months later.

Emma Boyce 5 “I was convinced I wouldn’t lose weight, then I lost 7lbs in my first week and went on to lose 17st”

“ I joined Slimming World in March 2018 weighing 29st 13lbs. My mum had recently joined and I’d seen incredible success stories on Instagram. Going along to the group, I was frightened and embarrassed. I felt so vulnerable walking through the doors. I sat at the back and listened and thought I'll give it a go, but it won’t work! How wrong I was! I lost 7lbs in my first week! I thought, ‘wow this does work!’ I felt so pleased, and yet couldn’t believe it! I was still eating potatoes and pasta and just by making simple healthier changes I’d seen results. That first week made me think differently. I had a big change in my mindset from that day forward. Just two years after joining Slimming World, I’d completely turned my life around, lost 17st and dropped 11 dress sizes!

Mummy

I Tried Aldi's Slimwell Frozen Meals For A Week

My whole life I’ve struggled with my weight, even as a child I was always the big kid and the last to be picked for sports. It got worse when I got divorced and developed unhealthy habits which I now see was me using food as an emotional crutch. Food has always been my comfort blanket - I used it to mask what was really going on.

After my divorce, I met Ryan through online dating and we had our children who were born a year apart. At my check-ups, every doctor I saw said I should lose weight. I’d tried every single diet you can think of, but with no support nothing worked, and I thought I was destined to be overweight all my life. I was in constant pain, even getting out of bed hurt. My joints and feet would swell up and I’d feel so uncomfortable. I was always hot and sweaty; my asthma was awful, and I relied on my inhalers as if they were a form of life support.

As a learner support assistant for children with special educational

How To Lose Weight Fast: 9 Tips For Slimming Fast [2023 Updates]

Posting Komentar untuk "Didn'T Lose Weight First Week Slimming World"