Lose Weight For Ironman
I came across a story on reddit today of this woman who lost a lot of weight after committing to finishing a triathlon within 1 year. Here’s her before and after photos:
“It’s funny, I remember she’s always admired the ironman competition – but I thought it was because of the intense athletic milestone it is to achieve – that or because she liked seeing strong dudes sweating it out in tiny pants.

It wasn’t ever conceivable that she would ever actually compete – she could barely balance on a bike and couldn’t swim a lap of a pool and couldn’t even run 100m without keeling over as if nearly dying.
After A Triathlon, This Man Lost 111 Pounds
The kids had a school sports day and they wanted her to run in the “parent’s race”. She did it for them but felt embarrassed that she couldn’t run the whole way and couldn’t keep up – her goal was to be able to run in the next parent’s race, so her kids would be proud of her, not embarrassed by her.
She began running and riding and met other riders along the way that encouraged her to do a triathlon and the rest is history…”
But this is likely not the case. This is evidenced by so many examples of people who do sports like triathlon and distance running, and cannot seem to get down to their ideal body.
Lose Weight With Type 1 Diabetes
But triathlon can definitely help with any weight loss or fitness goals, if it is combined with the right mindset (psychological awareness) and proper nutrition, as well as rest & recovery.
For this woman, and likely for others who have had success losing weight with triathlon, the very act of commitment to doing the race, and sticking with that commitment were the keys to making fitness gains.
And the discipline it takes to stay with the training will help improve your self image, leading to greater confidence and belief in yourself!
How To Lose Weight And Get Fit Like This 43 Year Old Ironman Triathlete And Open Water Swimmer
So training and staying with it can mean shedding off those undermining voices that say “You can’t do this” and turning them around into a belief in yourself, a belief that you can master swimming, biking, and running, and that you ARE a triathlete.
It’s the combination of the wholistic fitness approach of psychology, nutrition, rest, and finally workouts that will lead to success stories like this woman on reddit.Ian Harding and his incredible weight loss journey to become a Triathlon coachWe talk to Ian Harding about his life changing journey from obesity to certified triathlon coach and learn about his triumphs and the determination he has demonstrated along the way in order to reach his goal.
I kinda of stumbled into triathlon to be honest. I began a weight loss journey at the same time I started a new job. There was a large triathlon community where I worked and I thought about it and quickly dismissed it.
The Ironman Guide To Ketosis
A few weeks later though, I realized, aside from wanting to look better I didn’t have a goal to work towards. I kid you not a few days later a friend texted me and said hey I am thinking about doing a triathlon, wanna do it with me?! I figured this was a sign and so we went for it. I was not really a “sporty” person per say. I was well over 300lbs in high school and college and although I did play lacrosse, I never took it seriously.
I completed my first race in September of 2015 exactly one year after I began my weight loss journey. It was the Atlantic City international and sprint distance race. I did the sprint and it was the greatest experience of my life. I just remember having so much fun the entire day. Oddly enough I didn’t know it at the time but I made it onto the podium in my first race ever! I was 5th in my age group and missed the awards because I didn’t know how awards worked at the time. One thing I will say about this day is that I chose a DelMoSports event for my first race and looking back to see how much passion Steve puts in to his races, had I picked another race, I don’t think I would have had as great a day.
When I started this sport it was just for fun but it has become a huge part of my like. That being say two of the things I am most proud of is finishing 3 70.3 to date and taking almost 20 minutes off of my Olympic distance time between 2016 and 2017 at USAT Nationals.
Why You're Not Losing Weight When You Run (and What To Do About It)
When I was ordering my first Road ID bracelet I googled inspirational quotes to put on the bracelet. All of the typical ones like “never give up” and “keep moving forward” kept coming up. Then I found something along the lines of “do it for yourself”. I said you know what, that’s what I am doing. For the first time in my life I was running because I WANTED to, not because a coach was yelling at me. I decided it was time to lose weight because I wanted to, not because a doctor was yelling at me. I have completely adopted that now and continue to Do It For Myself everyday.
I started coaching swimming when I was 17 working at a gym. I then began coaching triathletes about 3-4 years ago for the health club where I currently work. I went to school for Health and Physical Education so I really enjoy working wit kids and adults on sports, activities and getting better.

The biggest thing I try to install in my athletes is something I learn from another trainer Mike Vacanti and that is consistency over perfection. You don’t need to be 100% perfect week in and week out. That’s how burnout happens. Whether you are trying to lose weight, train for a ironman, or just get better at swimming, it’s always consistency over perfection. Put in the time, stay consistent with training, or counting macros, or drills and you WILL see results.
How To Improve Your Power To Weight Ratio — Lose Weight Sustainably And Get Faster Cycling Up Hills
Becoming a DelMoSports ambassador was something I was approached about. DelMo posted on their facebook because they needed help at a local expo they were going to. I sent a message and said I would love to come talk to people about your races and triathlon and so I did. After that, they reached out for a few more expos and the rest is history. I stand behind brands and companies and people in this sport that I believe in 100%.
Steve (the owner) is an amazing guy and he bleeds passion into his company. On race day, you will see him at swim start, transition, on the board walk, on his fat bike. He’s all over and he makes sure everything and everyone is taken care of. Because of this, I have no problems stepping up and saying, Hey if you’re thinking about a race, don’t think, trust DelMo!
How are you mostly spending your time at the moment and do you have any exciting projects lined up for the year ahead?
Anything Is Possible': Woman Who Lost 115kg Runs Half Triathlon
The most exciting project for this year is the launch of The Do It For Yourself Podcast! I wanted to do this for the longest time and I had excuse after excuse as to why I couldn’t. Once I realized that I was doing the same thing as when I wanted to do a triathlon but “couldn’t” I said screw it and went for it. The show is an interview style show where I interview others who are doing it for themselves and we dive deep into their stories. It has been amazing so far and I am really enjoying it.

The last thing I am really excited about is heading out to Cleveland, Ohio for Nationals this year. The coolest thing about Nationals is getting to visit these cities that I may not otherwise have had a chance to see. I am excited to link up with some social media “friends” out there!
The last thing I want to say is thank you so much for doing this interview with me. I am honoured to be featured among the many amazing people on Limitless Pursuits and I really enjoyed sharing this with you!
From 400 Lbs & Disabled To Thriving Plant Based Ironman & Ultrarunner
Are you in training for an upcoming charity event? A professional in your chosen extreme sport? Maybe you run an adventure travel company or a mountaineering club?
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.OkMarcus Cook, 46, achieved a 279-pound weight loss transformation and finished the toughest Ironman in the world. This is his story, as told to Maria Masters.
As a kid, I was more into music than sports. But I did look up to one of my elementary school coaches. He ran the Houston Marathon, and the day after, I ran 100 laps around my church. But running never stuck—I was always happier being the funny guy than the fit guy.

Secrets Of Racing Weight For Triathletes
So when I started an oil-supply company called Big Boy Supplies, our
Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight For Ironman"