Lose Weight Faster By Running Or Insanity
Insanity Max 30 is an advanced home workout that delivers results. It's fun, effective, done in 30 minutes and you don't need any equipment to do it.
I bought this program to lean out for a summer trip. I wasn’t sure I’d be good at it because I bought T25 a few years ago and spent more time concentrating on not peeing myself, then actually getting my workout in. It was SO bouncy that seriously, I couldn’t deal.

But Insanity was different (thank God). There’s some jumping which is fine because there’s also a modifier, but there’s also a good distribution of leg work, core, and upper body.
A Beginner's Guide To Insanity Workout
That’s the real beauty of this program (from a fitness professional standpoint), it’s comprehensive, full body, and leverages bodyweight movements, so not just a chronic single movement like running or cycling. But it’s still very cardio intensive.
Oh heck ya. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to build a lot of muscle mass, but it's a fat burner for sure - especially if you’re doing it in a fasted state. You can read more about fasted cardio right here.
Keep in mind, the workouts are only a portion of the results. Nutrition is a big part of this program, and nothing will get you better results than following a nutrition program like the Ultimate Fix or macro counting.
Workout Myths And Misconceptions
Let me assure you if you had any preconceived notions that home workouts were lame, then you’ve clearly never done this before. It’s freaking hard (but short, thank God).
If you’re interested in trying Insanity Max 30, it's available on Beachbody On Demand along with 120 other workout programs that you can stream from your iPad, phone, computer or TV.
Anyway, you can find all the deets on Insanity right here if you’re interested in knowing more. If you’ve got an event coming up or a milestone B-day that you want to look HOT for, this is your jam.
How To Lose Weight Running: Essential Guide To Running For Weight Loss
You will have to push hard for 30 minutes a day, but you will gain SO much more from those other 23.5 hours in the day in terms of energy and results.
I've never done the original version because the workouts are generally longer (around 45ish minutes). For that reason, I recommend Insanity Max 30. You get the same level of results in less time.
This is going to vary based on the individual, but depending on the specific workout, I can burn up to 470 in a 30 minute time frame. That's working at max effort, however, so not typical. I generally range around 350 per class.
Expert Fat Loss Guide: Learn How To Lose Fat
It's hard, but doable. I'd say it's definitely not for newbies. It's alsonot a great option if you are suffering from injury or you're new to fitness. In fact, it will pretty much make you hate fitness if you start with this program. It delivers results, but you WORK for them.
If you're just getting started with fitness and you have a lot of weight to lose, I would not recommend this program. The high-impact movements (jumping) is not for the faint of heart. However, if you're new to home workouts, but you're experienced with other forms of exercise like running or crossfit, then absolutely, you'll be able to do Insanity Max 30.

Lots of athletes and sports enthusiasts like to use home workouts to cross-train. This gives your body the opportunity to move in different ways and strengthen otherwise under utilized muscles.
Insanity' Workouts And Running Helped This Guy Lose More Than 100 Pounds
If you are a runner, I would not recommend this program as a cross-training workout. The high-impact nature of the moves doesn't give your joints a break from your runs. Instead, I would recommend PiYo, Barre Blend or even 21 Day Fix as an alternative. All of these programs will offer strength and flexibility training to compliment your running (and they're all available on Beachbody on Demand).
However, if you're a weight lifter who is looking for a few cardio/met-con workouts to decrease body fat and increase metabolism, Insanity Max 30 is the ideal option for you.
No! This is the beauty of Insanity Max 30 - you can literally take it anywhere to do it. Perfect for travel, hotels, the cottage or even bring it to the gym with you! Wherever there is wifi, there's an opportunity to get your workout in. I will say, the use of a mat is helpful for the floor exercises, but I generally do my workouts on carpet and that's all I need.
Myths About Doing Cardio For Weight Loss — And How To Exercise Instead
What kind of a review would this be if I didn't share a few results?? As I always say - these transformations happen because the clients show up consistently, eat clean and follow the plan. That's it. It sounds simple - not easy. But nothing worth having is simple or easy. That's what makes the results so gratifying 🙂
Want more info on this or any other program? Just fill out my online form and I'll get right back to you.
![]()
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.Health and fitness was always his passion. That is, until he went in for reconstructive elbow surgery, was forced to take time off the dumbbells, and gained 25 pounds in five short months. “Needless to say, my health turned very poor very quickly, ” Tim says.
Insanity Workout Results
Fast-forward a few years, and things weren’t getting any better. Sure, his elbow fully recovered, he had built up a significant collection of at-home fitness equipment. But it was also about that time that he got his first hernia. Then, after his wife gave birth and he became a busier-than-ever dad, hernia number two hit. His workouts and health were sidelined in a big way.
“I was working 60 to 70 hours a week at Home Depot, owned my own landscaping company, and had a three year old. I was focused on providing for my family and didn’t take care of myself, says Tim, noting that he struggled with seasonal depression that led to extreme weight gain, yo-yoing, and burnout.
“My son had a ton of energy, and I couldn’t keep up with him or with housework, ” he says. “I felt like a fat, lazy, blob. I was depressed and had no desire to do anything. My house and marriage were falling apart and I didn’t care about any of it. My health and lack of energy was ruining all of the things that had I worked so hard for.”
Insanity Max 30 Review & Results
“I found a small apartment and all I had was a mattress on the floor and a TV and DVD player, ” he recalls. “I made a small purchase for myself, INSANITY. Well, talk about getting exactly what I needed.”
For two months straight, he did INSANITY workouts in his empty apartment. Every. Single. Day. “After week one, I thought my calves were going to explode. Just standing at work was miserable, but by week three I was feeling pretty good about myself and noticed a couple non-flabby ripples showing up again around my abs, ” he says.

So, when a friend told him about Tough Mudder, he wondered if his spouting six-pack (two months in, he was already 25 pounds down!) would help him surmount the challenge — one that, years earlier, his former wife had banned him from attempting because he “would get hurt.”
Insanity Results: This Busy Dad Lost Over 100 Pounds!
To test out his cardio, Tim went on a 30-minute test run. “It felt good, so I downloaded an app for my phone to track my pace, ” he says. “I was completely shocked when I saw that I ran three miles at a 6:30 per mile pace. I thought my phone was wrong until it said the same thing the following day. It was at that moment that I knew INSANITY was legit.”
He progressively ramped up his exercise routine, combining INSANITY workouts with hard uphill runs. In six months’ time, he was able to run 12 miles uphill twice per week — thanks in part to his improved fueling strategy. Tim began integrating Beachbody Performance Energize and Recover, and Shakeology into his nutrition plan.
“My life took a turn in a direction I never thought possible, ” he says. All my weights went up and I no longer took breaks. Two weeks after using Shakeology, my insides felt like my outside looked, ” he says. “I knew this was something that would be a staple in my diet for the rest of my life.”
How To Lose Weight Running
A year later, in the summer of 2012, it was race time. “Finishing my first Tough Mudder was like having a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. All the challenges I had been through over the past year had just become insignificant compared to the challenge of this race. And doing it back to back days helped me prove to myself that I can accomplish so much more than I ever thought possible.”
Today, at 37 years old, Tim has successfully completed 16 Tough Mudders and 22 Spartans. That tally includes including one Spartan Trifecta, which involves finishing one Spartan Sprint, Super, and Beast, the latter

Posting Komentar untuk "Lose Weight Faster By Running Or Insanity"