Deletedketo Not Losing Weight Yet
If I had to give you the top 3 reasons why most people are not losing weight on keto right off the bat from my 15+ years of experience, I’d say (in no particular order):
One of the most common questions I get emailed or DM’d about is people asking why they’re not losing weight on keto.

As much as I wish there was ONE universal answer to why you’re in ketosis but not losing weight or even in ketosis but gaining weight, there isn’t a one size fits all answer. In fact, I almost inevitably reply with a question of my own such as:
Top 10 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight (and What To Do)
There are simply too many reasons to why you may be experiencing no weight loss on keto and kudos on being proactive and trying to figure out why.
Here’s my attempt to list all the reasons I’ve come across with those I’ve helped, and chances are one or more of these reasons may apply to why YOU are not losing weight on keto. I’m sure I might be leaving something out, but rest assured I’ll keep this updated.
Seriously, most of the time people start a conversation telling me that they’ve been on a ketogenic diet for a whopping 5 days, or MAYBE… it has been a whole month.
Not Losing Weight On A Low Carb Ketogenic Diet? Don't Give Up And Read Further
So, here’s the thing, when you first hop on a ketogenic diet you begin to see quick results, as a result, you become more motivated to continue. After all, it’s not unheard of for people to drop anywhere from 5 to 10 pounds within the first week.
Basically, “the suck” is this period of time where you may be doing everything correctly, but no progress is, seemingly, being made
This is the part that people throw their hands up in frustration, break their keyboards, seek help, or give up altogether. This is why I typically recommend people dismiss scale readings during the first four weeks on any weight loss diet.
Low Carb Faq (plus Free Diet Sheet)
You’re here though because YOU are one of the few that didn’t give up and are wondering why you’re experiencing no weight loss on keto, so this doesn’t apply to you.
YOU are going to calm down and be patient. Ask yourself, years from now after you’ve lost the weight, will you even care or remember if it took you a week or a year to lose the weight? Heck no.
You’ll just be glad you built the habits that allowed you to lose weight and maintain it for the rest of your life.
Dr. Sanjay Gupta Says Keto Diet Can Help You Lose Weight Quickly
Not that aggressive dieting doesn’t work, because it most certainly does, but because a quick fat loss mentality usually leads people to extremely low-calorie levels and trying all sorts of crazy unsustainable gimmicks and protocols.
The more body fat you have to lose, the faster you can expect to lose; conversely, the leaner you are, a slower rate of loss is preferred as to minimize any muscle and/or strength loss.
That said: I like to set fat loss targets between 0.5 – 1% of your total body weight per week. If you're very overweight you can even get away with upwards of ~1.5% weight loss per week.
Weight Loss Plateau: 13 Ways To Break Through It
Sara weights 250 lbs so she can expect to lose about 1.25 – 2.5 pounds per week. On the other hand, Sam weights 150 lbs so she can expect to lose about .75 – 1.5 pounds per week.
Let’s be real, it’s just human nature for us to compare ourselves to others. I do it, you do it, Barbara Ann does it, and so does Bobby Lee. It’s bad when comparing yourself turns to insecurity, envy, and discontent with yourself.
The comparison trap is as old as humans have walked the earth. It’s even worse now with social media and having easy access to compare yourself with millions of others at the tip of your fingers.
Ultimate Keto Gummies: Do Ultimate Keto Gummies Work?
I’ve literally come across studies that show a correlation with how much time is spent on social media with a rise in depression and envy.
People post made up photos of themselves, their kid receiving awards, and the best family vacation photos they could muster out of the whole vacation

, I even wonder if some of my friends work since the only thing they post on Facebook is pictures on vacation along some beach drinking a pina colada.
Is A Keto Diet The Best Way To Lose Weight?
What I was trying to get at before getting sidetracked is the more you look and compare yourself to others, the more you are likely to feel discontent with your own progress and jump from one diet to the next
Is, you don’t know what Peggy Sue’s circumstances were. Maybe she’s just genetically superior, maybe she’s worked out consistently for the last 20 years, and who knows, maybe she simply has an easier time losing weight than you or I.
Be aware of the situations that you find yourself playing the comparison game, social media is probably the biggest culprit of them all. Since I know you’ll do it anyway, use it as MOTIVATION instead of a way to nitpick at yourself.
Keto Diet Blogs To Watch In 2022
And lastly, seek out advice and ask questions. The most successful people, dieting or not, are the ones who know how to ask the right questions and seek the correct answers.
There’s only one thing within your control, and that’s what you do. So practice some patience, give the diet some time, and focus on you, not what everyone else is doing.
I don’t know who started it, but I get a comment nearly every day about it, can you guess what “it” is? The “it” I’m referring to is that calories don’t matter. They usually comment something along the lines of one of these:
I Tried Every Diet Ever To Lose Weight
However, they take everything out of context and I’m almost certain if they asked their “gurus” if calories mattered they would tell them that they do, but of course, in addition to all of the other factors.
They’ve become so dogmatic in their approach that they mislead many people to believe they can eat however much they want as long as they eat some magical percentage of protein, carbs, and fats.

In a perfect world, controlling insulin would control your hunger, and thus prevent you from overeating, possibly even undereating, thereby causing weight loss. This, along with making better food choices, is typically the case with all these said individuals along with fixing their previously poor diets.
Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight On Keto
But this is far from a perfect world… and eating is as much a psychological thing as it is a physiological one. To tell someone they can eat all they want as long as they eat x or y percentage of fat or don’t eat any carbs and lose weight is ludicrous.
It’s much like the person who previously ate a relatively poor diet and decided to give veganism a try. They to, began to see some weight loss, maybe even lost all the weight they wanted.
Now they firmly believe a vegan diet is the only way to lose weight. Correlation does not equal causation. Calories in vs. calories out is a myth. I've lost fat without being in a caloric deficit.– Person who was unknowingly in a calorie deficit
How To Lose Weight Fast: 15 Expert Weight Loss Tips
Just because they don’t believe that calories matter nor counted them, AND also happened to lose weight does it make it any truer. I also believed in the tooth fairy and found a dollar under my pillow every time.
This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to count calories. Many individuals lose large amounts of weight switching to a ketogenic diet and not counting calories AT ALL.
If you’ve never tracked calories before, I would highly encourage you to do so, If at least for a short while (3-4 weeks).
Why Am I Not Losing Weight On Keto?
This means weighing and portioning out your food. Doing so will give you a better understanding of exactly how much you are eating and how it
NOTICE that I said for a short while… You don't have to track calories forever, but I think it's a VALUABLE skill that generates more awareness and makes you more conscious about food.

During this period, I encourage people to use an actual kitchen scale in addition to their measuring cups and spoons. Using an actual scale may paint a clearer picture of what exactly a serving of a particular food looks like in actuality.
What Is Keto Cycling, And Can It Help You Stick With The Ketogenic Diet?
A classic example here is of a tablespoon of peanut butter which when weighed comes out to 16 grams (and about 100 calories).
If you were to “eyeball” and measure out a tablespoon of peanut butter then place it on the scale, it will invariably be more than 16 grams.
Combine the fact that the spoon is overfilled with licking the sides and underside of the spoon (cause hey… it’s on the tablespoon) it’s easy to get quite a bit more calories than you’re actually writing in your journal.
Why Am I Not Losing Weight And What Can I Do About It? [infographic]
Can you see how this would begin to add up with multiple spoonful’s a day and over the course of days, weeks, and months?
Sadly, even vegetables, which are often encouraged and considered ‘free foods’ on most diets, can be a problem. Due to hunger, some dieters eat enormous amounts of vegetables to fill themselves up, but that too can begin to add up.
There’s inevitably a few of you
Posting Komentar untuk "Deletedketo Not Losing Weight Yet"