Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

How To Lose Weight After Easter

How To Lose Weight After Easter

The Easter weekend can sometimes feel like an excuse to stuff our faces with as many Easter eggs and hot cross buns as we like.

And with our workplaces and kids’ schools filled to the brim with sweet treats and indulgent gifts, it can feel as though staying on track and avoiding sugar at this time of year is impossible. But don’t stress if you’re worried about the avalanche of chocolate about to enter your life, or if you’re like us and have tucked into one too many hot cross buns recently.

Diet

“I’m not a puritan, ” Hall says. “You don’t need to stick 100 percent to your lifestyle plan or diet all the time. I’m very much an 80/20 girl. If I feel like a treat or a piece of licorice, I’ll have it.”

How To Lose Weight After Easter

“The most important thing around this time is to keep the consistency with your training, ” Hall says, “not because it burns calories, but because it regulates your appetite. If you’re going to indulge in more sugar, then it’s going to simulate your hunger more and you’re going to eat more.

“Don’t think ‘I’m going to eat everything in the office.’ Say ‘You know what? On Easter Sunday, I’m going to eat my favorite chocolate or my favorite egg, whatever it may be, ” Hall advises.

“Choose it, buy it, and look forward to eating it. Say ‘I’m going to have my moment and it’s going to be on Sunday and I’m going to lap it up and enjoy it’. But on Monday, you’re back on track, and it’s a reset and you keep that consistency with your training.”

Easter Celebrity Workout Instagrams

“I’m coaching people who have lost weight and are nervous about this time of year, ” she revealed. “You really do have to be smart about it and know you’re going to have that treat and work it into your meal plan, booking those days with really healthy days. Eat a bit lighter and tack on five extra minutes of exercise to your workout.”

“Is there some other form of indulgence or self care you can do?” Hall asked. “What other ways can you treat yourself, other than with food? Can you do a face mask or go on an Easter egg hunt with the kids? When I was a kid, instead of giving us chocolate my parents would give us a pair of slippers. If people want to give you a gift, give them options of other gifts they can give you instead.”

“People are just eating chocolate out of control for two weeks. You’re on this rollercoaster and the binge lasts all the way through [next week], ” Hall said. “I like to give eggs away when they come into the house from the office. The gardener came over the other day and he scored three bunnies! Don’t have it in the house if you have a goal.”

Can You Diet Over Easter? Surviving The Easter Egg Fat Trap

“I’m going into a big fitness shoot next week, so this Easter I won’t be indulging in chocolate, ” Hall revealed. “So I’ve told everyone, ‘I’ve got a big fitness shoot. Please, don’t give me eggs. But if you want to give me something, give me a cuddle, come over and we’ll spend time together.’ Tell people ‘I have a goal, don’t sabotage me. I’d like your support.'”

“I always believe in the power of a reset, not deprivation. Live your life and live a full, rich life, ” Hall said. “But there are times when we do have to pull it back and say ‘This isn’t healthy and I need a reset.’ “The reset is where just wake up and you have to do the meal prep at the beginning of the week. It takes a bit of determination.”

Use left and right arrow keys to navigate between menu items. Use right arrow key to move into submenus. Use escape to exit the menu. Use up and down arrow keys to explore. Use left arrow key to move back to the parent list.You might be looking forward to Easter egg hunts with the kids, spending time with the family, or simply having a couple of extra days off to relax and recharge.

Vegan Intermittent Fasting: Lose Weight, Reduce Inflammation, And Live Longer―the 16:8 Way―with Over 100 Plant Powered Recipes To Keep You Fuller Longer

From the endless chocolate eggs, to the hot cross buns that seem to appear earlier and earlier each year(!), it’s the one holiday that really seems to revolve around food.

And if you find it hard to resist things like chocolate, you might be worried about what’s going to happen when you’re surrounded by it for days (or weeks) on end!

How

The thing first that I recommend you do is take a moment to acknowledge how you’re feeling about Easter. What’s coming up, and where are those feelings coming from?

Why You Should Exercise Over Easter

For example, it might be that you’re feeling anxious or worried because you don’t trust yourself around chocolate, and you don’t think you’re going to be able to control yourself with so much temptation around.

These fears could be based on false evidence from previous experiences you’ve had, where a restrictive or deprivation mindset has led you to overeating.

Even though it might not feel good, I encourage you to sit in the discomfort of whatever it is you’re feeling. It might help to write about it, or talk to someone you trust. Just getting those thoughts out of your head can be more helpful than you think. 

Fortitude Nutrition Coaching

Once you know how you’re actually feeling, you can then think about where your strengths and weaknesses lie, and come up with strategies so you don’t have to rely on willpower alone.

For example, you might stock up on healthier treats to enjoy over the long weekend, or think of other ways to comfort and soothe yourself that don’t involve food.

-

As soon as you deprive yourself of something you enjoy, you feel a strong desire to have it. That’s just how our brains work.

How To Lose Weight After The Easter Long Weekend

Which is why my next big tip to enjoy Easter is to get out of the deprivation and restriction mindset and give yourself permission to eat chocolate!

Remember, it’s only 4 days. And even if you do eat more calories than usual, it doesn’t mean you’ve failed or that you can’t get back on track.

What you can do is be really mindful about your chocolate eating. Instead of thinking “I shouldn’t be doing this”, think about how great it tastes, and how much you’re enjoying it.

Eggcellent Ways To Stay Healthy This Easter

This will help you to feel more satisfied, and as a result, you’ll find you won’t feel the need to eat as much.

If you know you’re going to be indulging in some chocolate, you might think, “oh, I won’t eat breakfast or lunch today to save calories.” 

Survive

While it might SEEM like a good idea if you’re trying to lose weight, what that will actually do is just make it harder for you to resist your cravings, which in turn will lead to you overeating. 

Live The Life You Want, Eat The Food You Love And Still Lose Weight

To avoid this, I recommend eating regular, well-balanced and nourishing meals over the Easter period, just as you would in your regular routine.

Including the 4 ‘power foods’ (protein, fats, carbohydrates and fibre) in your meals and snacks will help you feel satisfied and fuller for longer, which will also help you avoid overindulging.

So there you have it! My top 3 tips to help you enjoy the Easter break (without the guilt!) and still stay on track for your weight loss goals.

Easter On A Diet

Want to know more about how to lose weight and keep it off so that you can say goodbye to dieting and hello to being the energetic hands-on mum you want to be?

Posting Komentar untuk "How To Lose Weight After Easter"